[REQUEST] @Appointed Team Kodi members: a letter & a request for "pull request"
Hi,

Since the "retirement" of lamdba back in February, I forked some of his addons with the primary goal of keeping them alive and on par with the websites they scrape. I added some new features as well on some of them.

A year ago or so they were accepted on Jarvis's repo branch. Yes, these same addons I now maintain. I was thinking on making new pull requests for them, but here's a few reasons preventing me doing so:

1. I tried to contact a forum moderator/developer or two via a personal message, but it seems that I wasted my time and got ignored.
  2. They are now considered "new". New means I have to adapt them for Krypton+ ONLY. So... thumbs down.
  3. The pull request process is alienating me. Why on earth do I have to "squash" commits? What's the purpose of it? Squashing commits requires a parent to exist. The first commit has info.txt file and gitkraken cannot squash this commit. Also I am almost 100% certain that codacy, the automated verification of code raises false alerts. I can provide an example if asked so.
  4. I am still using Kodi 16.1 on my smartphone. Not because I cannot install Krypton, which for some reason every time I restart my phone I have to re-enable all the installed addons, but also because I find FTMC lightning fast. And my wife has an older phone which has Kitkat 4.4.1 and you guessed it, she has FTMC as well in there.
  5. There are many users of mine who cannot or willing to upgrade, at least for the time being. I want emigrant Greek users to feel right at their home when they use my addons.
  6. I do frequent updates on my tulip library addon adding new features. Frequent is a no-no for official repository because I will have to wait almost a month or so for the pull request to be accepted.

Therefore, I ask as politely as I can:

1. I request some assistance, somehow with the pull request process.
  2. An exception to be made into accepting them in Jarvis+ repository. I know that Leia's release is imminent and I wish all the best to it, but please... Jarvis just looks so mature and solid.

Make no mistake, I like Krypton and use it in my Android set top box and Windows PC, but there are cases which Jarvis is mainly used as I mentioned.

My respect for Kodi and its team, hands down..
~Twilight0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] @Appointed Team Kodi members: a letter & a request for "pull request"0