Albums with completely identical mp3 tags getting split in two
Hello,

I have several albums in my library containing songs with absolutely identical mp3 tags. Checked and edited so they are absolutely the same with the exception of the track number and name.

Nevertheless they get split in two albums in the kodi library.
One containing for example songs 1 and 7 and the rest in the other.

Have anyone had such problem and how it could be resolved?

Thanks!
If being split then almost certainly they are NOT absolutely identical.

Check tag again, particularly the album artist tag, and that you do not have mixed tag formats. I reccommend Mp3tag, and looking at the extended tag view.
As it seems, indeed, there have been a lot more tags than most of the mp3 tag editors show.
Most of them introduced by MusicBrainz Picard.
I have made the mistake to put all my music library through musicbrainz and it made a complete mess out of it…

Thanks for the effort and advice!
Using Picard is not a mistake, having Musicbrainz Id tags will make subsequent looking up artist and album art and info both faster and more accurate.

But you do need to use Picard with some awareness of how it works. I suspect that you mixed releases i.e. some songs from one release, some from another. When I use Picard I don't just take the first release it offers me but browse the web page and check I get the one that matches my music files etc.

Try again, once you are familiar it really gives good results. I use both Picard and Mp3tag depending on the task.
As far as "all tags are the same", I have had problems where I ran a script (action) in mp3tag and it resulted in non-printing character (BOM) getting inserted into a tag and messing up artist names. Took a bunch of hair-pulling before I found out what was happening.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Albums with completely identical mp3 tags getting split in two0