Problems with importing
Hello Everybody,

First I want to say that I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I put this thread into to the wrong forum...

But now to my problem :
I have many MKV and MP4 files which I've stored on a external hard Drive.
When I click on the button to import videos to the Movies folder or TV Show folder the files are not shown in the TV Folder oder the Movie folder.

Somehow I managed to import my movies into their folder but not with my information but with information from the internet (I mean the Information about the movie itself).
I Don't know why Kodi won't import my TV shows.

So - I have two questions :

1. How can I import videos to the TV Show Folder (Maybe I have the wrong Structure for my folders on my HDD ?)

2. How can I use my local information and Covers for my Movies ?

P.S.: English is not my mother tongue so excuse me if I made some mistakes in writing...
This should help http://kodi.wiki/view/naming_video_files/TV_shows
Your English is fine.

Importing can be done in two ways, with or without existing .nfo files, provided the nfo files have the correct structure.
Also, importing TV show episodes requires to follow certain rules when it comes to file naming.

I take it that you have also done the set content and scan portion.
If you want to use your own information, then you need to create nfo files. Click here...nfo (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with importing0