Is it possible to get series links on Kodi with VBox (UK)?
Hi all

I bought a VBox a while back to use when we moved to a place with freeview, which we have now done. I have the Vbox working with Kodi via the VBox addon, but I can't get series links, only individual recordings. Is there a way to do it?

The actual VBox app kind of has them, but they're basic and just repeat recordings for time and day, so not series links, so they don't really cut it, but does anyone know of a way to get them in Kodi with this PVR?

Are there any third party apps/addons that might do it?

Also, is there a way to manage the recordings better? Is it possible for Kodi to pick up metadata for shows, group recordings for indivudal shows (instead of just listing all recordings in date order), and also update plays to Trakt?

Thanks
Hello @Finchy
Series link is available from VBox FW ver 2.53 and newer - please make sure that you have the latest FW version
Series link is available only when the EPG (program guide) data contains Series Link for your program,
When a program contains series link data, when pressing on the record series button it will automatically set the recording for you
If you press on the record series button and it is asking you to set the day and time it means that there is no series link information available for that program
Ok, so when I, say, select to record Match Of The Day on the vbox app I can either do record or series record, but I only get the option to record on kodi, no series option.

Similarly, I can record serious for coronation street on the vbox app, but only record on kodi, and that's the same with everything.

So on the vbox app, using coronation street as an example there are five or six episodes a week at different times and days. When I select series record it just says the time and day for that recording - are you saying that it will still pick up subsequent episodes on any day and time still, even though the initially recording was for Monday at 7:30 to 8:00pm?

I have firmware 2.57 btw
OK, so just following up on this. The series link is working on the VBox app, but I can't get it to work in Kodi. Any idea how to do that please? I can only record single programs in Kodi.

Also, how do I get Kodi to pick up the channel logos for TV and radio stations?

Thanks!
Anyone able to help with this?

I'm also finding the box keeps crashing and needs rebooting often. Anyone else having this problem on the current firmware?
(2017-10-19, 23:55)Finchy Wrote: Anyone able to help with this?

I'm also finding the box keeps crashing and needs rebooting often. Anyone else having this problem on the current firmware?

I had issues with most channels were not working on 2.5.7 I rolled back to 2.5.6 and have got no issues, box been on 20 days so far with no issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to get series links on Kodi with VBox (UK)?0