Manually editing EDL files from ComSkip
I sometimes manually edit the EDL files from comskip, because it isnt always perfect and leaves like 30 seconds of commercial in the playback. When I do this sometimes the commercial skipping will no longer work. I noticed this line in the debug file and was wondering what caused it, as it make no sense. I am using the 3 option for Kodi to commercial skip properly. There is no rhyme or reason to it either. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can take out two of the markers in the EDL file and its not a problem, other times if I change a single number it does not work. I never change the spacing and always leave the 3 at the end, put a 3 before every other marker except the first two, and always put a tab between each marker.

23:47:15 T:7136 WARNING: CEdl::ReadEdl - Error on line 1 in EDL file: smb://HTPC/5TB/Videos/TV Series/Fear the Walking Dead/Season 3/Episode 9/Fear the Walking Dead - S3E9.edl
Please submit the full debug log with debugging enabled.

A single line is useless to us.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What are you using to edit them?

Can you provide an example of an edited one, using code tags to post here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I just use notepad. If you put them in word or wordpad you get separate lines that go "First number" Tab "Last number" tab 3 Next line repeat.

Here is the even more odd thing. I don't believe I changed the file at all. I closed Kodi and reopened it and it then skipped the commercials just fine for the same EDL file above. Although I don't want to call this a bug unless I can repeat it with being sure I did not change the file. Thanks for the replies though. Below is the log file. I turned on debugging 3 separate times. Note that I play the video 2 separate times. The 2nd time it does not have the error, but does not skip either. In the edits that I make note that the times to skip always end in 00. For example it will be 999.99 originally and say it is 4 seconds late, I then change it to 995.00
Thanks again

log removed
This is how the EDL file appears like the below in notepad but it is one long line. Note the numbers ending with 00 after the decimal were edited by me. Below is actually how they appear in Word or WordPad.

1056.41 1180.00 3
1459.81 1628.00 3
1960.00 2084.00 3
2739.02 2867.00 3
3194.81 3223.38 3
3432.80 3674.80 3
3940.40 4105.17 3
Do not post logs directly here - it's against the forum rules (wiki) as it needlessly bloats the database and is virtually unusable for troubleshooting.

Upload the log to a pastebin site like pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and supply the link they will give you instead.

The EDL file is fine as it's small, but logs are not acceptable. Your log has been removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hey Darren. Thanks for just warning me and not just banning me.
Here is the pastebin though. It is a little long as Darren already knows. I stopped and started it 3 times. I played the file at least twice and it does appear to have pulled the EDL file, but never skipped at the time.

https://pastebin.com/wKhxU1cQ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually editing EDL files from ComSkip0