LibreElec on Odroid C2 - can't get Atmos working
I'm having problems with bitstream output of Atmos. All other formats including DTS:X are working perfectly, just Atmos isn't working and played back as Dolby Digital.
All passthrough options are enabled. What do I miss here?

@Karellen- Log removed
FYI: please do not post logs directly onto the forum. Use a pastebin type website for uploads and paste the links here in the forum.
Also, always provide full log files, not clipped or abbreviated log snippets.
(2017-09-25, 10:31)usul27 Wrote: I'm having problems with bitstream output of Atmos. All other formats including DTS:X are working perfectly, just Atmos isn't working and played back as Dolby Digital.
All passthrough options are enabled. What do I miss here?

@Karellen- Log removed

We don't support Atmos on top of DD+! Only with truehd.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Atmos also isn't working with TrueHD. I just tested with the Atmos Amaze trailer. It is just send to the receiver as TrueHD, not Atmos.
(2017-09-26, 09:19)usul27 Wrote: Atmos also isn't working with TrueHD. I just tested with the Atmos Amaze trailer. It is just send to the receiver as TrueHD, not Atmos.

Wrong. It's not working for you. The passthrough code sends the atmos bits... works fine here and for many others.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It would help if you don't tell me that I'm wrong, but how to debug this problem. Any idea?
(2017-09-26, 14:44)usul27 Wrote: It would help if you don't tell me that I'm wrong, but how to debug this problem. Any idea?

Yes. The code you are running on your odroid is a patched Aesinkalsa, not Kodi code. It was hacked in and used in osmc, libreelec, the original author is an le dev - no offense. . As Kodi IEC tracker passes the Atmos bits to the lower layer, nothing we can do for you Form kodi pov. The pt code you are running is not in Kodi, but patched on top.

My suggestion: ask on le forum and ask the maintainers of this code to debug the kernel, they are using, for you.

In one sentence: your issue has nothing to do with our code, so i sadly cant fix it for you :-)
Ok, that's clear now. So, a plain Kodi on a normal Linux on Odroid should be able to output Dolby Atmos - correct?
(2017-09-26, 20:06)usul27 Wrote: Ok, that's clear now. So, a plain Kodi on a normal Linux on Odroid should be able to output Dolby Atmos - correct?

No. The kernel driver uses non standard methods, so Kodi won't work for hbr on this hw at all. I asked the devs back at this time to fix the kernel properly instead of hacking userspace... did not happen.
So this mean, there is no working Atmos on the Odroid at the moment?
(2017-09-26, 22:04)usul27 Wrote: So this mean, there is no working Atmos on the Odroid at the moment?

Nope.

The amlogic kernel is a hack. Be happy that anything on amlogic hardware works at all [emoji23]
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2017-09-27, 05:47)lrusak Wrote: The amlogic kernel is a hack. Be happy that anything on amlogic hardware works at all [emoji23]

Rofl My opinion exactly.
Sad, but true.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec on Odroid C2 - can't get Atmos working0