v17 Shut Down options
Hi. I've just put LibreELEC/Kodi onto my S912 box. Prior to that, I could put the box into standby (green light) or off completely (no light). With LE/Kodi, I can only go as far as 'green light' but it would be nice to be able to have the full shutdown option. It seems possible according to this extract from a site called *.com:
watch gallery

I have the same skin as the image but my options are only Power Off System, Custom Shutdown Timer and Reboot.

'Exit' seems to be the one I want - is there any way of getting it? Thank you.
It would be very much appreciated if you will no longer mention that 'best for kodi' website, as it does a lot of things against official Kodi policies. Things that are NOT best for Kodi's reputation. Thank you in advance.
LibreELEC also has its own forum, where you can ask questions on S912. Mind you, the S912 is not considered the best hardware for Kodi usage.
Didn't know that was a 'rogue' site. Pardon me. Use of S912 is making headway as far as I can gather - a major problem with it has recently been fixed.
What do you expect from the "exit" option?

LibreELEC is it's own Linux distro which doesn't provide any command line shell if you "exit" Kodi. So "Shutdown", "Reboot", "Shutdown timer" and "Suspend" (if it is capable of) are the only options you will have.

From the screenshot you show above, I highly guess that this is Windows as the OS, where Kodi runs as an app next to different other software. That's not the case for LibreELEC. As LibreELEC only ships Kodi as an application and you aren't able to install anything else next to it (beside the docker option).

So yeah....what do you guess should "exit" do in your case?

Edit:

As Klojum already mentioned. The S912 builds are community builds only. So there's no official LibreELEC support for them. Those builds are meant experimental. It's fine if you want to use and test them. But don't expect everything working out of the box. Just to mention it Wink
My assumption was that 'exit' would turn the box off as opposed to putting it into standby. This was possible when the box was running its original Android - the power button on the remote switched it back on from either Standby or Off. I assume you're saying that this isn't possible with LE?
(2017-09-25, 15:10)dortmunder Wrote: My assumption was that 'exit' would turn the box off as opposed to putting it into standby. This was possible when the box was running its original Android - the power button on the remote switched it back on from either Standby or Off. I assume you're saying that this isn't possible with LE?
Exit closes kodi and returns you to the underlying os. Which makes sense in eg windows / android / ubuntu - but not in libreelec, because the whole os is geared around running kodi. Exit kodi and what are you going to do?
I've answered the rest in your thread on the LE forum.
Thanks. Maybe we're at cross purposes here - from what you say above, 'Exit' is the same as 'Reboot from Internal' and I certainly don't want that. All I'm hoping for is that, within LE/Kodi, there's a way of completely shutting the box down for the night, not just 'Standby'. What do you reckon?

Also, while I'm here, I can't get as far as Settings > System settings > Power saving > Shutdown function. The latter is greyed out. Any way to activate it? Many thanks.
Quote: have the same skin as the image but my options are only Power Off System, Custom Shutdown Timer and Reboot.

Quote:All I'm hoping for is that, within LE/Kodi, there's a way of completely shutting the box down for the night,

Seriously? What do you think "Power Off System" does?

Quote:Also, while I'm here, I can't get as far as Settings > System settings > Power saving > Shutdown function. The latter is greyed out. Any way to activate it? Many thanks.

As said. LibreELEC for S912 only have community support. So please head over to LibreELEC forums and report to that thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5848-8...-for-s912/

And as you already have started a discussion on the LibreELEC forums, please continue the discussion over there.
Yes, seriously. I don't know about your system but on mine, 'Power Off System' puts the box into Standby (green light). If you fully understood my first post you'll know that I was asking if LE/Kodi had the option to turn it off completely (no light) as was the case before I installed LE/Kodi.
oops, sorry for that Wink. I really missed that part. So I have to apologize.

But still, this has to be discussed in the thread I linked you to. As if that isn't working anymore, it might be a problem with that experimental build you are using. So report it at the thread I mentioned and probably kszaq might be able to help.
(2017-09-25, 15:48)dortmunder Wrote: Thanks. Maybe we're at cross purposes here - from what you say above, 'Exit' is the same as 'Reboot from Internal' and I certainly don't want that. All I'm hoping for is that, within LE/Kodi, there's a way of completely shutting the box down for the night, not just 'Standby'. What do you reckon?

Also, while I'm here, I can't get as far as Settings > System settings > Power saving > Shutdown function. The latter is greyed out. Any way to activate it? Many thanks.
'Reboot from nand' / 'Rebootfrom internal' shuts down libreelec and reboots into android. That's something completely different.

The option you want is 'poweroff'. That should turn everything off, but it sounds as if that isn't happening. So really your problem is that poweroff isn't working, and that's best addressed on the libreelec forum where the developer (kzsaq?) can see your post.
OK and thanks to you both. And vielen Dank, DaVu, for the gracious apology.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shut Down options0