Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\Tiny MediaManager\cache\image syncing very slow?
The synchronizing of the files in the folder C:\Lw C\Programme\Tiny MediaManager\cache\image lasts extremely long, it takes about one second or more to copy / sync a single file. There are about 436000 files in that folder.

Is there a way to accelarate syncing / copying?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
what exactly are you speaking about when saying: syncing very slow?

we do not sync anything in the cache folder?

we either
- build up the cache (rescale/create a thumb for every image found in you library) - 1 sek per file is not bad here
- read the cache if there is a cached image for the requested image from your library
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
Wanna help translate TMM? Join us at transifex
Sorry for the bad explanation, I meant, synchronizing, making a back up / copy of tMM. So all of the files on my system / of tMM are copied / synchronized / backed up in a proper speed besides of the ones in that image folder of the cache folder, it is so slow (one item / half an item per second) that those files cannot be backed up. I have any idea what could cause the slowness / how I could speed up that.
- Turn off any anti virus for that time (or exclude that folder from checking)
- Use windows built-in robocopy to do the job (dont ask, google it, much faster)
- exclude image cache - no need for backup it as i can be regenerated on demand.

we might create more subfolders in v3...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Quote: - Turn off any anti virus for that time (or exclude that folder from checking)
I had tried that without success.

Quote: - Use windows built-in robocopy to do the job (dont ask, google it, much faster)
About the same speed.

Quote: - exclude image cache - no need for backup it as i can be regenerated on demand.
May be the best way although rebuilding the entire image cache lasts extremely long.

Quote: we might create more subfolders in v3...
Yes, may be there are too many files in a single folder what extremely slows down copying.

\Tiny MediaManager\cache\image syncing very slow?00