bug in Nightlys: Episode with ? in name get re-added
Hi

I've just upgraded my nightly version to get past this issue: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307525

but I've found a new intersting bug, videos that have been in my library for years are getting re-added if they have ? mark or ! in the title.

This is the output from texturecache.py vscan
Code:
Rescanning library...

Updating library: New episodeid  5467 [Kyle XY S02E08 (What's the Frequency, Kyle?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5467 [Kyle XY S02E08 (What's the Frequency, Kyle?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5468 [Raising Hope S01E14 (What Up, Cuz?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5468 [Raising Hope S01E14 (What Up, Cuz?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5469 [Fringe S03E04 (Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5469 [Fringe S03E04 (Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5470 [Hung S03E02 ('Take the Cake' or 'Are You Packing?')]
Updating library: New episodeid  5470 [Hung S03E02 ('Take the Cake' or 'Are You Packing?')]
Updating library: New episodeid  5471 [Hung S03E07 ('What's Going on Downstairs?' or 'Don't Eat Prince Eric!')]
Updating library: New episodeid  5471 [Hung S03E07 ('What's Going on Downstairs?' or 'Don't Eat Prince Eric!')]
Updating library: New episodeid  5472 [House S07E01 (Now What?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5472 [House S07E01 (Now What?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5473 [How I Met Your Mother S02E01 (Where Were We?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5473 [How I Met Your Mother S02E01 (Where Were We?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5474 [How I Met Your Mother S04E01 (Do I Know You?)]
Updating library: New episodeid  5474 [How I Met Your Mother S04E01 (Do I Know You?)]

all of those were already in the library

Log file here
http://paste.ubuntu.com/25618958/

it might be important that i have this in my advanced settings to get round an issue with merged filesystems

<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
Your log file doesn't have debugging enabled so unfortunately isn't helpful.

I think texturecache.py is reporting each episode twice because it's receiving two notifications from Kodi for each update - this may be a separate issue, or it may be related, not sure. If you add @logfile=tc.log to the "texturecache.py vscan" command then upload tc.log to a pastebin site we can see what notification messages kodi is sending for each episode (just to be sure it's not a bug in texturecache.py...)

It would be most useful if you can reproduce the issue then upload the debug log from Kodi and the matching texturecache.py log.

You can delete the new episodes with "texturecache.py remove episode 5467" etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ignore the double reporting, its a side affect of piping to a log file, its normal in my log file so not relevant here.

I can't reproduce this with the current nightly build from the PPA so it seems its fixed
Actually scrub that, i have been able to reproduce

For example this file gets re-added Raising_Hope.S01E14.What_Up,_Cuz?.avi
when i check in the database the strFileName is truncated at the ?
strFileName
Raising_Hope.S01E14.What_Up,_Cuz?.avi
Raising_Hope.S01E14.What_Up,_Cuz

Log file with debug enabled when removeing, scanning etc
http://paste.ubuntu.com/25778302/
the second version is also unplayable
The dupes can be found with the following Query

Code:
select  e1.c18
,e1.strFileName
,e2.strFileName
,e2.idShow