Can the Library house my odd collection?
Hi. My video collection isn't one that can be easily split into Movies and TV Shows – I don't keep many of these for the long term. Instead, I have a 'bits and pieces' collection of videos such as a folder called Music with subfolders for individual artists which contain stuff like youtube downloads and TV appearances. Another folder is called Comedy and has miscellaneous clips that I find amusing with subfolders for particular comedians.

I'm quite happy with my recently set up Kodi system apart from the fact that I can't search anywhere than the 'level' (if that's the right word) I'm on – the search results don't show what's in the subfolders on that level.

I've been reading about the Library where I would expect that you CAN do a proper search but the talk is all of renaming folders in a specific style and adding internet data. All I'd like to do is leave my folder names as they are and be able to do a search of the the entire collection. Is that possible?

Thanks to anyone making a suggestion.
Kodi search is an interrogation of the library, and the library consists of scraped listings. Without a library, Kodi functions as a multi-media player with a few bells and whistles. Either you're happy with everything the way you have set-up, or for that matter, any of the media players would suffice. Or you finally have come to some epiphany, that change is a good thing and you need a bit of guidance on how to handle this? Video management (wiki)

Kodi loves to manage large collections of media, and the cornerstone of this is the 'Library'.
If its the renaming of filenames is too much of a chore, you can use Filebot to help you with that and save loads of time cleaning up your files
Thanks guys. All things considered, I'm just going to treat Kodi as a player. The ES File Manager which came with my box turns out to be an excellent file-finder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the Library house my odd collection?0