Vero 4K vs Wetek Play 2
Hey guys I'm torn between these 2 boxes. I've done about 2 days of research into them and just can't decide. Any advice? Both are around the same price in Canada by the time it gets here. Thanks.
(2017-09-27, 20:49)Chadthomson19 Wrote: Hey guys I'm torn between these 2 boxes. I've done about 2 days of research into them and just can't decide. Any advice? Both are around the same price in Canada by the time it gets here. Thanks.

I would go for the wetek play 2, cause of the integrated Tuner, the awesome Android TV ROM, but I would Order the Vero 4k Remotecontrol and the Wetek Box will be reacting on the remote very snappy Smile

I have a Wetek Hub and it is already a super snappy Box, but with the 2GB RAM like in the Wetek Play it will really be perfect.

Just my opinion.
The integrated tuner isn't a big deal to me. All I really need is kodi. Netflix would be nice but I hear rumours of it with the next kodi version. I just want something that is going to last a few years.
(2017-09-27, 23:37)Chadthomson19 Wrote: The integrated tuner isn't a big deal to me. All I really need is kodi. Netflix would be nice but I hear rumours of it with the next kodi version. I just want something that is going to last a few years.

Netflix works well on the Wetek Play 2 with the Androit TV ROM now already.
But then Support for years and Kodi only I would go for sure for the Vero 4k, which will give you guaranteed 5 years updates for the Software.
Out of the box for Kodi (& Linux) use only the Vero 4K is the Plug N Play option.
It comes with everything needed including a Mini Wireless remote.
Being a AMLogic S905X it can also do HDR and VP9 decoding.

The S905 WeTek Play2 is more versatile, being dual boot capable with proper DRM/HDCP for paid for copy protected video streaming. Such 1080p/4K DRM video streams are hardware decoded. The S905 Play2 cannot do HDR or VP9 but it does come with Gigabit Ethernet vs slower 100M on the S905X.

Some test versions of LibreELEC Kodi Leia can software decode 720p Netflix. 720p is the hard limit because the S905(X) CPU's cannot cope with Software decoding any higher resolutions. Im not sure how reliable such a Kodi Netflix Addon hack is going to be long term either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K vs Wetek Play 20