Video choppy when OSD goes away
Hi all,

I am having a weird issue with kodi on windows 7, When I play a video it will play fine as long as the play, stop , pause...etc is showing on the screen but as soon as it go away the video get choppy.

Anybody have any ideas why this is?

Thanks.
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: The entire debug log is required. Partial logs may be ignored.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-28, 00:30)Drack502 Wrote: Hi all,

I am having a weird issue with kodi on windows 7, When I play a video it will play fine as long as the play, stop , pause...etc is showing on the screen but as soon as it go away the video get choppy.

Anybody have any ideas why this is?

Thanks.
 I have the same problem. I started logging as suggested but the video works good with log stamps on del monitor. If I close log the video works bad again.
I have this problem with all Kodi 17 versions but I have not with Kodi 16 version.
It is very strange. I can do video with my phone to let you see the video working.
Thank you.
This is absurd, but I'm having the opposite problem! On Windows with Kodi 17.6, whenever I have Live TV playing, as soon as the controls appear below the video (by hovering the mouse, for instance, or just calling the interface from the keyboard), the video and controls then grind to a halt to the point where Kodi gets close to freezing. Then, if I just let the controls auto hide again, the Live TV picks back up and plays perfectly fine again. Essentially, I have to use the keyboard 'x' to stop the video, because it becomes very difficult to move the mouse to the stop button so that I can stop the video so that it will stop grinding to a halt. I've noticed that this problem is only with Live TV thus far. If it's a recorded TV program, or an MKV video, for example, I don't have this problem with the controls freezing/locking up Kodi. Furthermore, this problem did not occur back in Kodi 16.0 (I've just tested it to double check). I've tried messing with all the video settings in Kodi that I can find, but, so far, nothing has solved it. Also, I'm not having this problem on Android, only on Windows. Are there any settings relevant to the Live TV playback controls or timeshift settings that might account for this?
Same me... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2674883
(2017-09-28, 00:31)Karellen Wrote: You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: The entire debug log is required. Partial logs may be ignored.
 All these problems yet no one listens to poor Karellen.
(2017-12-15, 19:06)lovemachine Wrote:
(2017-09-28, 00:31)Karellen Wrote: You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: The entire debug log is required. Partial logs may be ignored.
My link contains a log, seem no usefull but noone explain how to go deeper...

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26095166/

Maybe my explanation it's not so good but my problem seem exactly the same as this. My problem was related to h265 but I've verified that it's not codec related, so my problem match more this one.
Same pc, same video but Kodi 16.1 is not affected by the problem.

Lol

Quote:quote="antonio.riva" pid='2679625' dateline='1513419232']
(2017-12-15, 19:06)lovemachine Wrote:
My link contains a log, seem no usefull but noone explain how to go deeper...

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26095166/

Maybe my explanation it's not so good but my problem seem exactly the same as this. My problem was related to h265 but I've verified that it's not codec related, so my problem match more this one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video choppy when OSD goes away0