v17 simplecache.db
marcel, i have an issue with different AddOns when using Eminence Mod V2 which uses the skin.helper.services and simplecache.db

Example:

I have a Folder Shortcut to My Amazon Prime Watchlist [kodinerds Amazon VOD] which never updates it content! I have to crawl my way trough AddOn->VideoAddOn ->AmazonVod->Watchlist to see the updates. If i want an update on my Skin Custom Folder, i need to rebuild it.

I wonder if this is due to the simplecache and hows its being used.

Questions: can i safely delete its entries?
Question2: is there a easy way to do this from inside Kodi? Currently i am using a MySQL DB Editor
NOT related to simplecache and please do not mess with it’s contents. I think you refer to using this VOD provider as widget, in that case look in the skin for forced widget refresh for that widget

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
thanks marcel. 

what harm can be done "cleaning" simplecache.db? I did wipe all entries and dont see any downside

@force widget refresh. any reference on how this can be implemented would be great. actually using Emincen Mod2 which is using your Skin Helper Service
The downside is that the metadata sites will be hammered with requests without caching.
Not only will this slow things down it's also not very friendly towards those great websites providing metadata for free.
thx. thats understood and i agree with you.

what about the force widget refresh. is this something which need to be called from Skin or Application?
Hi Marcel, I have a request which I think would improve library loading for low power devices such android, especially for large library, in my case I do have movies collection in the range of 3000. Also if one is using emby4Kodi addon the process of writing back once a movie is watch either completed or pathway takes time to write, as mentioned this mainly for low powered (LP) devices but would benefit others like windows system although the issue is not noticeable.

When you lunch Kodi it will load all the movies and the pages could run up to 170, for an LP navigating through takes a while, although if one goes through Genre, because it classed in various categories, play and write into server emby is fast.

I have included example of what I wish to achieve, where the library video load is limit to either 100, instead of 3000 at once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq3wtAWoWf8&t=34s

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
simplecache.db0