Solved Law & Order: True Crime
So annoying issue for new TV show Law & Order: True Crime. Trying to scan the episode from this week to my library and even though the entry shows up on TVDB: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&ser...1092&lid=7

And it shows the TV show correctly listed if I choose to look at the files themselves, the TV show does not show up in my TV Shows listings. Going into the files list, the episode I have gets the correct name from TVDB (Episode 1) but when I click on it there, it comes back with No information found and lists the name Law & Order True Crime. I tried to rename as I noticed there was a longer version of the name to Law & Order True Crime The Menendez Murders it still says no information found.

Any suggestions? Or is it because the show is so new? I didn't have this problem with The Defenders at all. Or Castlevania.
Hi Tripp,

Can you provide a screenshot of your folder holding the episodes. I want to see the folder and episode naming and structure.

Just to confirm I understand...

You can see the show and episode in Videos>Files

You cannot see the show in Main Menu>TV Shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Certainly, yes if I go into say the file manager or files, I can find the folder there and it acts like the TV show was brought in correctly. (I took a picture of the TV show information which is correct). But when I go into the folder there and see the episode listed (with the actual episode name, not the file name), when clicking on it, it says No information found. (I have to right click and press play from there).

Then the TV show doesn't show up at all in my TV shows list (probably because it doesn't have the full information on the episode.) What's weird is the information is provided at TVDB.com.

Images
Image #1
Image 2
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. If you are using Windows, can you show me the file and folder naming and structure using Windows Explorer, or equivelant to your operating system.

But I already see an issue with your file name... Episode 1.mp4 doesn't fit into the normal naming convention, unless you have additional Regex, but then there is no reference to a Season. I think you were just lucky with it being Season 1 Episode 1 as the fall back will be Season 1 metadata anyway. Try scraping anything from Season 2 onwards, and it wouldn't work.

Still doesn't explain why it doesn't show up in TV Shows Library though. For that we will need a debug log. See my signature. Capture an Update Library in the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm on a Mac.

You know what? Technically I haved named the episode s01e01.mp4 but initially it did have "episode 1.mp4". I've been importing lots of episodes today and thus running the update library several times and must have copied that file early not realizing the scanner was still scanning and Kodi picked it up. It should have fixed it when I changed the name to it's correct format. But for some reason Kodi wasn't showing the updated name through it's file manager GUI even though on the Mac side of the computer it's running on, the correct name did show up. (On my end, I was just getting confused because I had no other episodes to notice this glaring error to compare to and figured the problem was on a new series issue). Restarting Kodi fixed it.

Sorry to bother you. Lesson learned is I need to just rename the files BEFORE I upload them to Kodi so it won't accidentally pick up the wrong name.

Thank you for your time.
Glad you solved it. Smile
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Law & Order: True Crime0