• 34(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
the 'Quick' methods use AJAX to post the data which doesn't reload the entire page on submission.

the 'normal' methods do reload the page when you submit a post.
during the page load, the syntax highlighting plugin parses the posts and applies formatting to all the <syntax> blocks.

so no page (re)load means no syntax highlighting ;-)

it's a minor problem as the issue is only visible to you (until you refresh).
i'll google around o see if there's some kind of workaround for it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-01-29, 02:34)ronie Wrote: it's a minor problem as the issue is only visible to you (until you refresh).

Yes it's not a big deal, although I did think the message [syntax] formatting had been stuffed up (ie. corrupted) after the "Quick Edit" which caused me to re-edit it, until I worked out what was going on!

(2018-01-29, 02:34)ronie Wrote: i'll google around o see if there's some kind of workaround for it.

Thanks!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
should be fixed in 'quick reply' now.

sadly, 'quick edit' isn't that easy to fix... i couldn't find a way.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is there anything wrong with the subscribe button?
I've tried subscribing to a couple of new threads recently, but nothing seems to happen when I click on the button, so unable to subscribe.
i'm not sure which button you click?

there's a subscribe link at the bottom of the page, which works ok at my end.
(2018-02-01, 01:39)ronie Wrote: should be fixed in 'quick reply' now.

sadly, 'quick edit' isn't that easy to fix... i couldn't find a way.

Thanks and I honestly wouldn't waste more time on it - understanding why it happens is good enough, I doubt many people will notice it. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-01, 03:43)ronie Wrote: i'm not sure which button you click?

there's a subscribe link at the bottom of the page, which works ok at my end.
Well, I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow, because I don't know how I missed that....right in front of me as well  Smile
I was trying to use the circle on the far right to the thread title. That's where I've subscribed to threads previously, so maybe assumed it wasn't working.
Least I know where to look now
There seems to be an issue with the reply box losing messages (tested with Firefox 58.0.1 on Windows 7).

Step 1:

Enter a test message as a "New Reply"

Step 2:

Click on Preview (or Post Reply)

Edit: "Quick Reply" is working, it's the only way I could post this message! "Quick Edit" is also working, but "Full Edit" is not (saves the message but loses the changes).
yup, was already reported in Slack earlier today.
it's already been fixed, but you'll have to wait a bit for the javascript cache to expire.
Ok thanks Ronie!
Thanks for adding the Kodi News link back to the top of the page.......Much appreciated guys Smile
For a couple of days I've had the phenomenon that the pull-down menu for forum notifications doesn't work for me. When I click on the bell in the top right corner, nothing happens. Consequently, the notification count constantly increases since there's no way for me to mark any of them as read.

This happens in 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome) on 3 different OSes (OS X, Android, and Linux).

Has anybody experienced the same? Is this a known issue? Does anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance for any help!
Never mind, logging out and back in again fixed it.
(2018-02-19, 14:33)dasmanul Wrote: For a couple of days I've had the phenomenon that the pull-down menu for forum notifications doesn't work for me. When I click on the bell in the top right corner, nothing happens. Consequently, the notification count constantly increases since there's no way for me to mark any of them as read.
i'm having the same issue currently, though logging out and back in doesn't fix it for me.

perhaps your issue is different then mine, but this is what i've found so far:

the alerts popup (1) doesn't show when there's a notification from a user with an '@' in their username (2) in the alerts list.
in this case, cloudflare seems to inject some javascript (3) that tries to obfuscate email adresses.
this breaks the popup somehow.
Interesting find. It turns out that I did indeed have an alert from a user with an '@' in their name on February 17. My guess is that this being marked as read for whatever reason coincided with my logging out and in again and that the former is the reason why I can see the alerts again.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2