• 15(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
Looking better all the time, however I would like to explain where I still see unncecessary white space (forgive the messey red scribbles). Some columns are still far wider than their content requires. I would rather this space is used by the thread title so have less wrapping.

In particular:
  • the checkbox at the right is in a colum 3 times its size.
  • the "hot" icon on the left (that I find useless) is 2 times its size
  • Gap to left of replies
  • Rating - smaller star row, an icon (and column) half the size would be more than adequate.

I know that setting the column sizes is fiddly, but I hope someone can find the time to do it.
on mobile (i'm using edge on windows 10 mobile) icons with info about posts are not available.
i'm not able to see, as example if i wrote something in a given post.

Forum on PC

On mobile

always on a mobile the message of redirection in misaligned

Could we have the "Search Thread" box back on top? Having it at the bottom of a page is quite useless. If it could be replicated top and bottom, fine. But if it has to stay in a single location, I think it's more easily accessible on top.

Thanks. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

For printable you have access to Lite mode at the bottom of the forum.
Send this thread seems unessary, you can send a thread url to someone.
Thread Modes can be set in User CP -> Edit options

Only useful thing here is Add Poll in view, but can't this be put in thread editor as in

Does anyone pay any attention to Thread Rating?

Image Image

Would create space at top of thread for more useful option such as Search Thread mentioned in Post #213.
Would do away with a column in the thread listing giving the other columns more room to breath.
(2017-10-13, 11:56)ashlar Wrote: Could we have the "Search Thread" box back on top? Having it at the bottom of a page is quite useless. If it could be replicated top and bottom, fine. But if it has to stay in a single location, I think it's more easily accessible on top.

Thanks. Smile

I had asked for this previously, but was rebuffed by @Klojum. I'd still like to see it moved to the top though, as I agree, having it below the thread (twice!) is really counter-intuitive.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-10-13, 12:56)jjd-uk Wrote: Does anyone pay any attention to Thread Rating?

Image Image

Would create space at top of thread for more useful option such as Search Thread mentioned in Post #213.
Would do away with a column in the thread listing giving the other columns more room to breath.

Nop, I don't care much of the thread ratings...
Image Image
(2017-10-13, 12:56)jjd-uk Wrote: Does anyone pay any attention to Thread Rating?

It is useful in the skinning forums for WIP skins and mods etc. -- still, could take it or leave it really.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-10-13, 13:10)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 11:56)ashlar Wrote: Could we have the "Search Thread" box back on top? Having it at the bottom of a page is quite useless. If it could be replicated top and bottom, fine. But if it has to stay in a single location, I think it's more easily accessible on top.

Thanks. Smile

I had asked for this previously, but was rebuffed by @Klojum.  I'd still like to see it moved to the top though, as I agree, having it below the thread (twice!) is really counter-intuitive.

i'm on it.. needs a lot of css tweaks though to get it all properly aligned.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
search box is now at the top.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I tried to add +1 to a users reputation, but it seems that the reputation gets added to the previous poster. See posts 637 and 638. I clicked the thumbs up button above post #638.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
There is now an odd align of the buttons now appearing below the dividing line between posts

[edit] Ok think something local has messed up, not sure if anything to do with the CSS styling is cached by Chrome, as if I enter Incognito mode the problem disappears.
(2017-10-13, 15:21)ronie Wrote: search box is now at the top.

Thanks! Smile

Which just leaves:

Does anyone really use those buttons? Randomly navigating the forum doesn't seem like the most efficient way to view content. Which is to say they could be removed entirely IMHO.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

And it looks beautiful up there!

Thanks @ronie!
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-10-13, 16:13)Milhouse Wrote:

Thanks! Smile

Which just leaves:

Does anyone really use those buttons? Randomly navigating the forum doesn't seem like the most efficient way to view content. Which is to say they could be removed entirely IMHO.

Gone!
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2