• 20(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
(2017-10-20, 17:41)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 22:35)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 21:17)stefansaraev Wrote: both. and I dont see it as "dark blue" but as bolded light blue Smile

o.O   Can you post a screenshot?

should be fixed once the css cache expires
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-10-13, 09:14)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 00:55)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-06, 10:07)DaveBlake Wrote: Getting funnies with the header layout, see top right where the user drop down should be
i can't reproduce this, is it still a problem?
if so, which os / browser?
@ronie Win 10 Firefox v 56.0

It is related to window width, if I widen sufficiently then it looks OK

odd. can't reproduce it using win10 / firefox 56.0
tried every browser width...

this is how it looks on my end with approx the same width as your screenshot:

Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-10-22, 16:56)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-15, 20:12)Milhouse Wrote: Code tags are being stripped from posts when they are previewed or posted-then-edited (may only be on "complex" posts with lists?)

any idea if this did work on our previous forum?
my guess would be that using code/hr tags inside lists are simply not supported (at least they aren't in plain html afaik)

same issue exists in the default mybb theme, so it's at least not a problem with our current theme.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it worked (didn't strip the tags) - I've been making and previewing/editing posts for at least 2 years with such tags, and I've only noticed the problem since the forum upgrade so I'd put money on this being a new issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-22, 22:00)Milhouse Wrote: Yes, I'm pretty sure it worked (didn't strip the tags) - I've been making and previewing/editing posts for at least 2 years with such tags, and I've only noticed the problem since the forum upgrade so I'd put money on this being a new issue.

i looked in to it some more and i'm pretty sure it's a bug in the wysiwyg editor that ships with mybb.

it's possible to replace this editor with another one using a plugin, for instance https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=657

i've tested that one locally and it works fine with your post sample.
(2017-10-09, 00:23)bry Wrote: A function that I use seems to provide limited results now.

https://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=getnew

i'm wondering if it only 'seems' or really 'is' an issue?

getnew returns a list of posts that have been made since the last time you were last active on the forum,
and it works exactly like that on my end....
(2017-10-19, 21:09)Klojum Wrote: A request from a concerned citizen, is to please increase the size of the two buttons, one being "Mark threads read" at the top of a discussion / list of threads as they are pretty difficult to tap. The screenshot is from the desktop version, and both buttons are indeed small.

i've increased the space between the two buttons, that should make it fat-finger proof.
result will be visible once the css cache expires
(2017-10-10, 15:37)Milhouse Wrote: Favicon is missing in Firefox on Windows. Seems to be there in Chrome, though.

can't reproduce this one...

if it's still an issue, could you try it with a fresh firefox profile, to rule out any caching issues?
Just a suggestion for the current theme... and I am aware it is the least important aspect of the forum at this stage.

I find the current theme a bit of an assault on the eyes with all those solid dark green bars. Sometimes it can become confusing and the eyes just don't know where to look. This is the current page which I find, personally, looks messy.

Maybe we can tone down all those solid dark green horizontal bars and those damn page number boxes Smile to something like this...

I am by no means a graphic designer, rather I am just trying to convey an impression / idea.

Also noticed I forgot to change the colours of the bright green page numbers. They are meant to be toned down as well.

Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-23, 00:27)ronie Wrote: i looked in to it some more and i'm pretty sure it's a bug in the wysiwyg editor that ships with mybb.

Thanks for looking into this @ronie. I should probably have mentioned that I use the following settings:

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-06, 23:12)rmrector Wrote: Also, for the links/button in the header (4), the cursor will turn to a "this is clickable" pointer in the empty space below the text, but the the action will only happen when the text itself is clicked on. I suggest they act like buttons and trigger the action when that empty space is clicked, but it should at least be consistent.

will be fixed once the css cache expires
(2017-10-06, 18:44)Milhouse Wrote: 3. Post linking is a little "off". This is the link for post #1866, but it positions the user on post #1885.

i think i finally nailed this one...

please test and lmk
(2017-10-23, 00:48)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-10, 15:37)Milhouse Wrote: Favicon is missing in Firefox on Windows. Seems to be there in Chrome, though.

can't reproduce this one...

if it's still an issue, could you try it with a fresh firefox profile, to rule out any caching issues?

Thanks for the hint - I tried a default profile, and the favicon is working. I then switched back to my normal profile and the favicon is now appearing, so obviously something was slightly glitched within my Firefox on Windows setup which has now been corrected by flip-flopping between profiles. Many thanks and sorry for the wild goose chase!
(2017-10-23, 01:17)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-06, 18:44)Milhouse Wrote: 3. Post linking is a little "off". This is the link for post #1866, but it positions the user on post #1885.

please test and lmk

@ronie,

Last Post links now take you to the top of the last page. All links I have tested now take you to the top of the page. Could it be related to this fix?

---edit---
I just posted this and I was thrown back to the top of the page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-22, 21:28)ronie Wrote: odd. can't reproduce it using win10 / firefox 56.0
tried every browser width...

this is how it looks on my end with approx the same width as your screenshot:
Thanks for looking at this ronie, for me the weird layouts persist. I know one other user said they had the same. Could the length of user name be manking a difference?

Here is a series of screenshots annotated with the wdths at which the changes happen:
At 1014 and above I get a view without issues

A bit smaller down to 985 and there is some overlapping of bars but username is OK.

At from 980 to 790 the odd bits for the username drop down happen

At 757 I get both the odd username "blocks" and overlapping bars

Finally at 755 I get a different style

All on win10, Firefox v56
(2017-10-23, 01:17)ronie Wrote:

please test and lmk

Thanks @ronie, post linking now seems to be working perfectly! Hurrah! Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2