• 24(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
(2017-10-30, 20:56)Milhouse Wrote: Tapping the Reply button in Tapatalk doesn't include the post being replied to as a quote, unless the post includes a quote in which case it looks like part of the quote is being stripped off.

Check...

EDIT: For me it works as expected with IOS. Maybe I don’t understand what you mean.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I miss features like:

1. linking usernames, for example @hoppel118 -> this should inform me, that someone mentioned my username or quoted one of my posts
2. Where is the „I-like-it“ Button?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2017-10-30, 21:37)hoppel118 Wrote: Check...

EDIT: For me it works as expected with IOS. Maybe I don’t understand what you mean.

Greetings Hoppel

I'm currently posting this reply from my desktop, but I'm 7.1.6(969) on an Android Nexus 7 2013 tablet.

In Tapatalk on Android I selected your post #347 and then hit the Reply button, where I'm shown an reply input dialog without any of your original text - the input dialog is totally empty, when I would expect to see your message appear as a quote.

Other posts which are longer and/or include quotes sometimes appear in the reply dialog, so it's a bit random and when text does appear in the reply text box the quote text is usually incorrectly formatted or missing characters, suggesting there is some truncation occurring during the Tapatalk processing.

I can use this same version of Tapatalk on a different forum where the reply button works as expected - it will include the post I'm replying to, as a quote.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-30, 22:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-10-30, 21:37)hoppel118 Wrote: Check...

Greetings Hoppel

I'm currently posting this reply from my desktop, but I'm 7.1.6(969) on an Android Nexus 7 2013 tablet.

In Tapatalk on Android I selected your post #347 and then hit the Reply button, where I'm shown an reply input dialog without any of your original text - the input dialog is totally empty, when I would expect to see your message appear as a quote.

Other posts which are longer and/or include quotes sometimes appear in the reply dialog, so it's a bit random and when text does appear in the reply text box the quote text is usually incorrectly formatted or missing characters, suggesting there is some truncation occurring during the Tapatalk processing.

I can use this same version of Tapatalk on a different forum where the reply button works as expected - it will include the post I'm replying to, as a quote.

What you describe seems to be related to the combination of your Android app and the tapatalk forum plugin. Maybe...

I don’t have any problems with quotes. At least it seems so at the moment.

I use the latest tapatalk app v7.0.2 (1935) with latest ios v11.0.3.

Greetings Hoppel

If I reply to my own reply #348 using Android, I'd expect the Reply text input dialog to show me my original reply as a quote, which itself includes the nested quote from hoppel118.

However what I'm actually shown in the input dialog only is only the quote from hoppel118:

It's as if one level (the outer level) of quotation has been removed/stripped.

Edit: Ah, clicking "Edit" now expands the quote from hoppel118 into the full quote:

However, that still doesn't explain why when replying to other messages there is no quoted text at all - this is a reply to post #347, there is no quote:

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, what you expect, is what I expect and what I get. You should see it in post #349.

EDIT: Also the reply button works as expected for me.

Here you can see how it looks for me if I reply to this post:

Great to see the speech bubbles back in New Posts view, thanks guys Smile
(2017-10-30, 21:58)hoppel118 Wrote: 2. Where is the „I-like-it“ Button?

Bottom left hand corner of the post has 3 buttons. The right hand one with the thumbs up is what you want I think.

It should show on any post you didn't make yourself (as you can't like your own posts). You also need to have a certain number of posts yourself for it to be available (20 or 30 or thereabouts I think).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-31, 00:05)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2017-10-30, 21:58)hoppel118 Wrote: 2. Where is the „I-like-it“ Button?

Bottom left hand corner of the post has 3 buttons. The right hand one with the thumbs up is what you want I think.

It should show on any post you didn't make yourself (as you can't like your own posts).

For the webui it’s fine, but I miss this function in tapatalk. Wink

(2017-10-30, 22:50)hoppel118 Wrote: Yes, what you expect, is what I expect and what I get. You should see it in post #349.

EDIT: Also the reply button works as expected for me.

Here you can see how it looks for me if I reply to this post:

Good old Tapatalk - usual bug ridden POS. Smile
Yep... Wink

(2017-10-18, 21:30)Karellen Wrote: I am having trouble with selecting posts to perform the inline post moderation tasks. See image

I tick the posts, but it won't activate the moderation button. I had 3 posts ticked in that thread in the image. I refreshed a number of times, but still cannot get it to activate.

--- Edit @Karellen ---
Issue seems to be browser related. Does not work in Firefox v56, nor Chrome (klojum, ProfYaffle) but seems to work in Internet Explorer v11.674 when I tested it.

--- Edit @Prof Yaffle---
On my testing, I saw similar problems. What was interesting is that I could delete a post on the first try on a browser, but not subsequently - so, the first time I tried Edge on a different machine, it worked, but not afterwards. Clearing cookies and logging in again, and I could once more delete posts, so that's suspicious to me...

--- Edit @jjk-uk ---
See post 262

fixed now, thx @kib!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The radio buttons in the member listing are upsetting the dropdownlistbox on the far right.

Aren't the thread titles on the right on the forum frontpage on a very tight leash?

The user search on the profile editor page in the moderator control panel also doesn't work (although the one in the members list under the "more" dropdown list does work).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2