Hey, welcome back!
Even though you are the most unfriendly bunch I've ever seen on a Forum, you have been missed! Welcome back, happy that the Forum is owrking again! Smile
We're not unfriendly, just territorial. Yes, it's good to be back.
Just kidding! Smile
We've all been on other forums and mailing lists. If this is unfriendly, some of those are downright hostile... Smile
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Glad to see the forum back online and im glad you guys decided to upgrade the forum, nice touch Smile
Welcome back! This is MyBB right?
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Short Answer - Yes it is still MyBB.

Long Answer - We have been working on upgrading the MyBB software with a new theme for a while now. The old forum server is still currently MIA after being turned off for a physical move by the host provider to a new data centre location. This has forced our hand as the delay was causing the forum to be down for an unacceptable length of time, so we’ve had to rush bringing the MyBB update live, hence there maybe some rough edges that need ironing out.
Good to be back - but I have one request.

Change the Forum Back to the Desktop version Please !!!

What you have now is simply awful.

As an example the Easy to follow Hardware "Pick the Right" box guide that was neatly formatted and highlighted is now a bloody mess.

To say I'm unhappy is an understatement. In fact I'm nearly in open revolt and feel like downing tools unless something is done.

Us devs and highly valued forum contributors should not have to bend over backwards to cater for a bunch of Tablet users.
This is simply bullshit the Mobile formatting that has been implemented.

Please change it back to the desktop version, that was a damn sight easier to read.

I personally like the forum skin, but would it be an idea to implement a 'new skin' 'classic skin' button for those that prefer the classic one?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2017-10-07, 14:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Good to be back - but I have one request.

As an example the Easy to follow Hardware "Pick the Right" box guide that was neatly formatted and highlighted is now a bloody mess.

To say I'm unhappy is an understatement. In fact I'm nearly in open revolt and feel like downing tools unless something is done.

Us devs and highly valued forum contributors should not have to bend over backwards to cater for a bunch of Tablet users.

Please change it back to the desktop version, that was a damn sight easier to read.

I completely aggree. User should select theme for mobile or old desktop. The theme colour selection, font sizes and several icons are to small not really self-explanatory and difficult to read, sorry but this isn't it Devil
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
I would think if you're using Desktop it should default to Desktop theme, and if you're using a Mobile browser it would default to Mobile theme. Isn't that how forums usually work? Personally as a desktop user I much preferred the old style of the forums.
The skin we had doesn't work on mybb 1.8.
We will simply have to fix the issues in this skin.

The forum is not running anything other than a desktop version. If you are being forced to some tablet view it is YOUR BROWSER.
It's simply a responsive theme for mybb 1.8, we were running 1.6 before.

Please try to understand that we were forced to migrate the forum to another server and did not want to continue with a severely outdated forum software with many open bugs in it.
We will fix the theme in the coming weeks, but please show us some patience. 

You could easily copy and paste your entire code for the hardware post, remove the horrible hand-selected colours and replace then with some that better fit this new background colour.
This is what it your thread looks like on my laptop: https://i.imgur.com/bjDMCID.png

Just figure out the new colours and do a search and replace, then save.
The main reason it looks bad now is because you added so many custom coloring.
(2017-10-07, 15:53)tehax Wrote:

I completely aggree. User should select theme for mobile or old desktop. The theme colour selection, font sizes and several icons are to small not really self-explanatory and difficult to read, sorry but this isn't it Devil

If you're not happy you're free to stay away until we have completely worked out this forced forum switch where our server admins have worked their asses of to get it working. 

You bunch of ungrateful |[¢©¥¥©©€
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I personally find it quite humorous watching people get all up in arms over the change in look.

Will it take some work from all contributors to get it back to where it was? Sure. But its currently 100% better than it was a few days ago. You know, when the forum didn't work period. Instead of complaining to put things back the way they were, actively help format your posts to look the way you want them to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hey, welcome back!0