Internet connection problems
Hi guys, I just installed the last version 8.1.2 on raspberry 1 b.
I use a CEC remote of my TV lg and Internet is wired. Kodi work good.
Internet it say it's OK, but I can't connect. I tried to download list of repository, for example , but it say failed. It doesn't download information from film and series TV. So it seems no Internet.
What I have to check?

With Dhcp it give "strange " ip Address.... totally different wit the IP that with Dhcp get my BD player connected at same Powerline by lan.

1) Raspbery and Dhcp: ip: 168.254.243.28

2) BD Player connected instead of the Rasp in the same lan by powerline: ip 192.168.1.111

3) Tried force manual setting on RP with ip: 192.168.1.120 . Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 and Gateway: 192.168.1.254 and dns 192.168.1.254 and DNS 2 of google. Nothing

This is the setting of the BD Player that is working without problems

image uploader

I tried libreelec, openeleec... same problem

Nothing... no way

Suggestions?

Thanks

Many thanks and sorry for my bad English
Ale
Quote:Raspbery and Dhcp: ip: 168.254.243.28
Do you have conflicting devices with the same forced IP address?
Setting the RPi to Auto-DHCP should work fine in getting a normal 192.168. or 1.0. IP value.
Is your DHCP pool set properly with a high enough number of available IP addresses?
I'd be thinking that the IP address reported really starts 169.254 - which is the range allocated when the system cannot get an IP address.
I'd be looking to see why no (real) IP address is being assigned - bad connection to router ...
Derek
I think you also get such wrong IP addresses when using the wrong type of ethernet cable. Although nowadays, practically every device is aware of those cables.
Might it be possible you have decreased the DHCP address range and all available addresses are already given to other devices?

Do I get that right? You are using Powerline with the BR Player and the RPi? Or are you using different connection-types? If yes, what are you using with the RPi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet connection problems0