Solved Toolbox script error
I recently installed Kodi 17.4 and only added Security Shield.  Every time I open Kodi there is a Toolbox error message at the top of the main screen.  The Kodi Log error says:  PythonToCppException, import error: dlopen failed:library”./-imaging.so”not found .

How do I remove this error message?  Thank you.
Post a Debug log (wiki).
(2017-10-08, 15:36)Rechi Wrote: Post a Debug log (wiki).  Thank you for responding, but I can't figure out how to provide the Debug Log to you.  I have a Fire TV with USB inserted and I tried using File Manager with the "special://logpath" technique and the copy process doesn't work.  Any advice?
I had the same error. It seems that the internal script.module.pil AddOn can not load the Python PIL libraries correctly on Android devices. This is really bad, as a lot of AddOns (e.g. ExtendedInfo Script) and skins (e.g. Madnox, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod) use the script.module.pil AddOn and are not working well without it.

I managed to workaround the problem, by doing the following procedure. But you need root access to your android device (I am using a Zidoo X10 btw):

1. Exit Kodi.

2. Extract the following library files from the Kodi APK of the version you are currently using (use 7zip to open the APK):

Source Path (within the APK) : lib\armeabi-v7a\

Files to extract:

lib_imaging.so
lib_imagingft.so
lib_imagingmath.so
lib_imagingmorph.so

3. Remove the "lib" prefix from all file names, so that all file names start with "_".

4. Copy the renamed files to the following directory on your android device (NOTE: You need root access!)

/data/user/0/org.xmbc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL

(I am not sure, but I could imagine that the "0" in the path might be different on other devices)

5. THIS MIGHT NOT BE NECESSARY, but I did it nonetheless): Copy the renamed files also to the following directory on your android device (NOTE: You need root access!)

/data/data/org.xmbc.kodi/lib

6. Restart ZDMC/Kodi. the errors should be gone now. :-)

Now script.module.pil can find the libraries and can use them. I know that this is not perfect, but it works for me. Perhaps editing the Python scripts within the script.module.pil AddOn would be the "cleaner" way (perhaps this AddOn will be fixed...), but I didn't want to change existing files.
Sad 
17.5 is out and still same issues
Still no Debug log (wiki).
For me the same as "jdig4240".
And no-one will receive assistance until we receive a debug log (wiki).

So if you are reading this, and want to post your pointless "Me Too" reply, then post a debug log or it will be ignored.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The missing PIL modules are a known issue with the Android version of Kodi 17.4 and up. Fine on Windows versions. Affects many addons that depend on it. For example Extended info script, Colorbox script, toolbox script and others. Just try running any of them with Android 17.4 or above and you will see. 17.3 is fine, issue started with 17.4.
Ill grab a debug log for you later.

Heres one from somebody in the EIS thread: https://pastebin.com/8wKNrWTf

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2656458
That is interesting, you give us a link to somebody else's log? Not seen that before.

Do you really expect the developers to waste their time on a log that might or might not show the same problem as described in this thread?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-25, 22:36)Karellen Wrote: That is interesting, you give us a link to somebody else's log? Not seen that before.

Do you really expect the developers to waste their time on a log that might or might not show the same problem as described in this thread?

Ok bud, you have yourself a great day, thanks!
He does not want to understand and only rules on you. Completely incomprehensible.
(2017-10-25, 20:26)jdig4240 Wrote: Heres one from somebody in the EIS thread: https://pastebin.com/8wKNrWTf

This isn't a Debug log (wiki).
Ok guys, heres a log. Tested on my Nvidia shield. On 17.5. Shows the errors with Colorbox script and Extended info script. Both stems from the same issue with the PIL. Has been a problem since 17.4. Only an issue with Android versions. No errors on Windows versions. 
"Error Contents: dlopen failed: library "./_imaging.so" not found"
Hope this helps.

https://pastebin.com/EvHGYmE3
Please try http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
Has anyone tested a recent v18 nightly and tell if it works with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toolbox script error0