Solved unable to install *ANY* addon
Hi guys, I'm a newbie with Kodi. I just installed LibreELEC (with Kodi) on a Acer Aspire ES1-111. It is connected to the internet through Wifi. I made sure that it has internet access by accessing it over SSH and pinging www.google.com. The problem is that whenever I try to install any addon, I always end up with the message "Could not connect to repository". Obviously, I don't have any addon installed except for the one from LibreELEC that was pre-installed.

Hardware: Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz RAM 2 Gb
GPU Mesa DRI OpenGL 3.0 Mesa 17.1.3
Storage MMC Card 32 Gb

Kodi 17.4 Git: 7fc6da0

Log file: http://sprunge.us/cFRc

TIA
Initial network access may fail with wifi, try enabling the 'Wait for network' option in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. Set the timeout value to 30 seconds.
Also refresh the repositories for updates. After that, access to the Kodi repo should be fine.
(2017-10-10, 02:47)Klojum Wrote: ... Also refresh the repositories for updates. ...
If that means to click on "Available updates" in the Add-ons module, I did that to no avail.
Setting the "Wait for network" value at 30 seconds was one of the first thing I did in order to resolve this situation.
Thank you
(2017-10-10, 03:23)Tuxfed Wrote:
(2017-10-10, 02:47)Klojum Wrote: ... Also refresh the repositories for updates. ...
If that means to click on "Available updates" in the Add-ons module, I did that to no avail.
Nope, it's not the same.

Go into Add-ons / Add-on Browser, open the sliding menu on the left, and select "Check for updates".
I selected "Check for updates" and the problem remains. I rebooted and repeat "Check for updates". Still doesn't work :-(
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-10-10, 06:55)nickr Wrote: debug log (wiki)

I followed the steps in the wiki except that I cannot install the Logfile uploader add-on due to the nature of my problem.
After reboot, I tried to install a addon from the Kodi Add-on Repo, the Kodi game Add-on Repo (alpha) and finally from the LibreELEC Add-ons Repo.
Then I proceed to Settings / System / Pastebin system logs and get short URL  
in order to get this: http://sprunge.us/eYHT

Thank you for taking the time to help me
The OP log shows (the second is no debug log) you have configured the internal Kodi Web Server as your Kodi Proxy Server. This cannot work.

Disable Proxy-Server configuration in Kodi (or correct it).
Big Grin 
(2017-10-10, 19:39)mglae Wrote: The OP log shows (the second is no debug log) you have configured the internal Kodi Web Server as your Kodi Proxy Server. This cannot work.

Disable Proxy-Server configuration in Kodi (or correct it).

Holy S***! As soon as you pointed out the wrong proxy config I knew that the problem was SOLVED. 
I must have been talking on the phone when I did that config ...

Thank you very much mglae :-)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to install *ANY* addon0