Missing TV Shows episodes
Last week I decided to reinstall Kodi on my Pi box. I went from OpenElec to LibreElec.
All my movies and TV Shows are stored on a mythbuntu box that I access via NFS.
After the reinstall all my shows does appear but almost all the episodes are gone.
I am wondering what could cause the episodes to not be listed (several are unwatched)

Any help is appreciated.
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case perform an Update Library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen,

Thank you for the response.
I have uploaded the log file
logfile
[url=https://paste.ubuntu.com/25717649/][/url]
Two thing that stands out is:

1) that it appears that kodi is trying to parse the raw files rather than the symlink files. The path for the raw files location has not been given nor does it appear in the sources.xml file.

2) Since kodi already know about a show it has stored information about the folder creating time of said show even if it didn't add any episodes. This means that subsequent scans of the show is ignored because no change has occurred.

Really odd behavior.
Unfortunately I don't understand your setup. Your log is just full of the following...
Code:
DEBUG: OnProcessSeriesFolder - no match for show: 'Fear the Walking Dead', season: 2147483647, episode: 0.0, airdate: '12/31/1969', title: ''
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'nfs://192.168.1.211:2049//mnt/recordings/Adult/1798_20160411040000.mpg'
DEBUG: OnProcessSeriesFolder - no match for show: 'Fear the Walking Dead', season: 17, episode: 98.0, airdate: '12/31/1969', title: ''
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'nfs://192.168.1.211:2049//mnt/recordings/Adult/1798_20160411040000.mpg'

You seem to just have random numbers for your episode file names.

Please read how to correctly name your shows... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows and then cross-reference with the scraper site to confirm correct titles.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen,

There is nothing wrong with the naming of the the symlink files as I stated in my original post it was a fully working openelec system before the reinstall.
What I mentioned in the the message with the upload is that it appears that kodi is looking in the wrong location although there is no trace of that location anywhere in the media libraries. Are there any other places that the sources.xml where the media library locations are stored?
(2017-10-11, 06:50)kmNewb Wrote: There is nothing wrong with the naming of the the symlink files as I stated in my original post it was a fully working openelec system before the reinstall.
What I mentioned in the the message with the upload is that it appears that kodi is looking in the wrong location although there is no trace of that location anywhere in the media libraries.
Just because there is no trace of it, doesn't mean things are not wrong. The scraper may not notice those symlinks and get confused. The fact that "it worked before" is now perhaps invalid because of new scraper functionality.

(2017-10-11, 06:50)kmNewb Wrote: Are there any other places that the sources.xml where the media library locations are stored?
Yes, all in the (my)sql video database itself. Sources.xml is IMO a backup file only.

Code:
nfs://192.168.1.211:2049//mnt/recordings
Also, your NFS paths contains twice a double forward slash. Things probably work, but is not ideal.
Klojum,

Quote:Just because there is no trace of it, doesn't mean things are not wrong. The scraper may not notice those symlinks and get confused. The fact that "it worked before" is now perhaps invalid because of new scraper functionality.

Not sure what you mean here but if you are talking about symlink building that part is done on the media server which is a different machine that hasn’t changed in years, and which worked just fine last week on previous installation. If you are referring to Kodi scraping the folders I am not aware that there has been a change there which likely also would cause others to have problems as it would impact everyone using Kodi. A quick look at the Kodi wiki page for naming files indicates it hasn’t changed for over a year so using anything_s01e02.ext should still be a valid pattern.

Quote:Yes, all in the (my)sql video database itself. Sources.xml is IMO a backup file only.

I have not been able to locate the entry in the database that is creating the problem. Removing the existing paths and cleaning the database has not fixed the issue so I’ll likely have to reinstall libreelec to wipe out the reference.

Quote:Also, your NFS paths contains twice a double forward slash. Things probably work, but is not ideal.

This is not a typed path! It is generated by Kodi by going to Edit Source → Browse → Network file System (NFS) → 192.168.1.211 . If the format isn’t correct it is a Kodi issue that you can reproduce easily yourself.

Thank you for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing TV Shows episodes0