Solved No Artist Slideshow
Hello,
I am using Rapier since a dew days and its really nice.
Kodi Version 17.4
But I have one problem with the Artist Slideshow. When i am playing Spotify, Radio or Local Music (its well scraped), there is no Artist Slideshow.

I have installed Artist Slideshow and Artist Slideshow Helper.

I ve seen https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320473 , but it does not work with my local music aswell Sad

Do i have to take some adjustments in the addon?

Greetings

Edit: https://pastebin.com/4TfXXE3t    here is the log or some parts of the log. i cut it into pieces, which are recognisable with "____________"
Hi Darcu and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for giving Rapier a try. Wink

You need to enable these skin settings (Skin Settings > Media > Music Playing):
  1. Choose background: Use only artist fanart for background / Use both music visualization and artist fanart for background
    This will enable the artist slideshow setting. If you wish to use both fanart and music visualisation, use the last setting.
  2. ENABLE Fanart slideshow.
  3. ENABLE music visualization / artist fanart in the background
    This will display artist fanart slideshow when not in fullscreen music playback.
Let me know if this solves the missing artist slideshow and if you have any other questions. Smile

The Rapier wiki page holds a lot of tips, tricks and details of all skin settings: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier
Hi, thx for the answer.
mmh i did your steps
Music Playing:
Enable FUllscreen windows when starting music: yes
enable music visualization /Artist fanart in the background: yes
Choose Background: yes
Fanart slideshow: yes
animate fanart backgrounds: no
still not working
maybe it is not a rapier problem. i updated kodi 4days ago. before it was Jarvis. didnt tried artist slideshow since update. 5mins ago i have changed to the default Skin Estuary and the slideshow doesnt work aswell :/
ok now i downloaded another skin (aeon nox. I had this before with Kodi 16). There it work :/

Edit: the bullet point below (Fullscreen music) i marked all entries with yes. Enable Video Lyrics works.
As far as I know, Estuary doesn't have support for script.artistslideshow.

It's very important that you click the button "Choose background".
Select EITHER the setting "Use only artist fanart for background" OR "Use both music visualization and artist fanart for background".

Which version of Rapier do you use?
Hi. Yes Estuary doesnt support artist slideshow. Thats why i ve tried it with Aeon Nox. Before i installed rapier and kodi 17, I have deleted the previous kodi folder completely, because the folder was like 15gb.

I use 10.5.12 from the offical kodi addon repository.
I have enabled Use only artist fanart.

When i hear music, the background is only black. Addiontal i can the see lyrics and the information of the song in the foreground.

edit: i have chosen different backgrounds in the main menu. (e.g. random fanarts for movies. single picture for addons etc.) but i cant believe that this is the problem
mmh i tried with 5 other skins. after i switched back to rapier, it worked....
dont understand why but it seems to work.
spotify works only when i have the artist in the local music folder. ^^
Artist slideshow needs the artist name for artwork lookups. So addons not providing this will not work.

If you deleted your entire userdata folder, it could be a case of artwork being downloaded or something similar.

Glad you got it working now.
I'll mark this thread as solved.

If the issue comes back or if you have any other questions / suggestions, don't hesitate to get back. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Artist Slideshow0