Shows marked as watched even though they are under the watched threshold
Hello! Recently I've noticed an issue in the master of Kodi when running the latest LibreELEC nightlies on my various RPI2/RPI3 units in the house. Milhouse suggested I post here since it looks to be outside of LibreELEC and it could be a Kodi issue/qurik.

Here is my setup:
  • Various RPI2/RPI3 running same versions of LibreELEC nightlies, as of this writing it was #1010
  • MySQL Remote DB hosted on a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS box with MySQL version 5.7.19 (Ubuntu DEB)
  • NFS Storage hosted on a Ubuntu box as well
  • Using SickRage to generate .nfo files for JUST the TV show, other data comes from the Kodi scraper for the episodes
  • I remove my watched media every few days using a script I wrote to query Kodi and find all episodes with playcount NOT NULL and then perform a Library Clean via Kodi's JSON calls

When I watch a show, lets say it is 41 minutes with the commercials removed, and stop at 10 minutes in I noticed Kodi increments the playcount from 0 to 1. This change in playcount causes the episode to not show up in the "UnWatched" filtering on the default Estuary skin and can only be visible in "All Videos or Watched". This skin quirk is how I figured it out the issue since the shows were getting removed prematurely when I purged my watched shows when I know I had not finished them personally.

In my testing I completely DROPPED my Kodi database and started a brand new one and then rescanned my media once again. 

I've gone back and forth in my testing and started with a clean Kodi directory with the following augmentations so I can test the experience. Below are the files I modified to provide the basis for testing.

advancedsettings - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jah0qfapg0vjme...s.xml?dl=0
sources - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3a9whn0e7biif...s.xml?dl=0
keymap - https://www.dropbox.com/s/surab7amxp5m8j...d.xml?dl=0

Here is a DEBUG Log from the main RPI I am using for validation but the issue exists on all the others as well.

Debug Log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/td3t01nrmy33ptq/kodi.log?dl=0 (Sorry pastebinit is giving 500 errors)

When I use the texture cache utility Milhouse wrote I can see that the episode I was playing with has a playcount of 1 but you can clearly see the runtime is correct in all places and the resume point time is well below the default 90% threshold in Kodi to mark the episode as watched. To reproduce this I can watch a show like normal and stop it anytime prior to the 90% threshold by simply stopping the video normally in Kodi.

Code:
[
  {
    "art": {
      "banner": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/banner.jpg/",
      "fanart": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/fanart.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/poster.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/",
    "label": "Z Nation",
    "seasons": [
      {
          "poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/season04-poster.jpg/",
          "season.poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/season04-poster.jpg/",
          "tvshow.banner": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/banner.jpg/",
          "tvshow.fanart": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/fanart.jpg/",
          "tvshow.poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/poster.jpg/"
        },
        "episodes": [
          {
              "season.poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/season04-poster.jpg/",
              "thumb": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/Z.Nation.S04E01.Black.Rainbow.1080p-thumb.jpg/",
              "tvshow.banner": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/banner.jpg/",
              "tvshow.fanart": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/fanart.jpg/",
              "tvshow.poster": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/poster.jpg/"
            },
            "episodeid": 41,
            "file": "nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/Z.Nation.S04E01.Black.Rainbow.1080p.mkv",
            "label": "4x01. Warren's Dream",
            "playcount": 2,
            "resume": {
              "position": 0.0,
              "total": 0.0
            },
            "runtime": 2589,
            "streamdetails": {
              "audio": [
                {
                  "channels": 6,
                  "codec": "eac3",
                  "language": "eng"
                }
              ],
              "subtitle": [
                {
                }
              ],
              "video": [
                {
                  "aspect": 1.7777800559997559,
                  "codec": "h264",
                  "duration": 2589,
                  "height": 1080,
                  "language": "",
                  "stereomode": "",
                  "width": 1920
                }
              ]
            }
          },
          {
              "thumb": "image://nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/Z.Nation.S04E02.Escape.from.Zona.1080p-thumb.jpg/",
            },
            "episodeid": 42,
            "file": "nfs://192.168.14.32/storage/media/tv/Z Nation/Z.Nation.S04E02.Escape.from.Zona.1080p.mkv",
            "label": "4x02. Escape from Zona",
            "playcount": 1,
            "resume": {
              "position": 1807.0,
              "total": 2559.0
            },
            "runtime": 2559,
            "streamdetails": {
              "audio": [
                {
                  "channels": 6,
                  "codec": "eac3",
                }
              ],
              "subtitle": [
                {
                }
              ],
              "video": [
                {
                  "aspect": 1.7777800559997559,
                  "codec": "h264",
                  "duration": 2559,
                  "height": 1080,
                  "language": "",
                  "stereomode": "",
                  "width": 1920
                }
              ]
            }
          }
        ],
        "label": "Season 4",
        "season": 4,
        "seasonid": 418
      }
    ],
    "title": "Z Nation",
    "tvshowid": 75
  }
]

I am honestly at the end of my rope and willing to work to see what is going on since I am not sure why this is occurring with just normal playing.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
So in short you would like to say, that a show is marked as watched even it hasn't reached the 90% of the movie.

So we could maybe say, that even if a show has played at least 3 minutes (which would Kodi cause to create a resume point for it, but normally remain unwatched) will cause to mark the show as watched

This is how it should work:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_auto..._explained

So you say Kodi marks shows as watched even if it should only set a resume point for it?
(2017-10-11, 21:17)DaVu Wrote: So in short you would like to say, that a show is marked as watched even it hasn't reached the 90% of the movie.

So we could maybe say, that even if a show has played at least 3 minutes (which would Kodi cause to create a resume point for it, but normally remain unwatched) will cause to mark the show as watched

This is how it should work:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_auto..._explained

So you say Kodi marks shows as watched even if it should only set a resume point for it?

Correct, as I understand it and seen it in the past if using the default "watched" settings (90% now) I am seeing something weird in the system then and can't explain it.

Start a 41 minute show and say we end it at 20m:30s which should be 50% watched but below the 90% threshold. Kodi correctly creates the resume point in the DB as expected but unexpectedly toggles playcount from 0 to 1. The Skin if set to filter episodes by "UnWatched" no longer displays the show you just watched but didn't finish to 90%+ until you change the filter to "Watched" or "All Videos".
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
Bump. Any thoughts? Going back to LibreELEC based on 17.X to see if I can reproduce this with my other setup.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows marked as watched even though they are under the watched threshold0