Need to force quit KODI app for DTS passthrough
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Kodi (17.4) on a shield (2017 version, latest update). DTS passthrough is actually working fine, though after i paused the shield (sleep mode) i always need to force quit the app in order to restart kodi completely to get the DTS passthrough running again. Otherwise i won't get any sound at all, untill i switch to PCM stream.
I already searched for the issue in the forum and i saw that some people managed to get it running again by just deactivating the pass through in the menu and reactivating it again. Unfortunatelly, this doesn't work for me, i always need to either restart the Kodi App, or the Shield TV entirely. I also read about the option "Delay after change of refresh rate" which was proposed to be set on 2,5 or 4 secs. I tried both and neither of them worked for me.

Is there anyone else out there with the similar issue who managed to fix this? Or is it maybe a Kodi issue and i just need to wait for an update?

Thanks in advance
best
Tundor
I had the same issue with Kodi 17.4 and now with Kodi 18 Alpha on my 2015 Shield TV, but my issue is with HD audio, e.g. DTS-HD MA & Dolby TrueHD, I need to quit Kodi and restart it again to get it working. It's a bit annoying, but this is the only solution so far I guess.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to force quit KODI app for DTS passthrough0