OS X Animation not smooth on High Sierra
Hi, recently upgraded my mac to High Sierra 10.13, and noticed that the animations aren't smooth when in full screen mode...it quite noticeable when scrolling through movies/tv shows in poster view, also when using the extended info addon it's very noticeable.

I've checked the latest stable 17.4 and the issue is present, as it is with the latest nightly.
As I've still got my Sierra 10.12.6 backup still around I can confirm the issue isn't present on that, obviously using exactly the same hardware, animations are as smooth as butter...when I put Kodi into windowed mode the animations are fine also, even if I stretch the windowed Kodi to take up as much of the screen as possible, it's just when in full screen mode this problem appears.

Obviously this could be due to the new graphics drivers in 10.13, I've tried using Nvidias own web drivers but the issue is exactly the same, but this is the only application I have noticed with any issue with, every other application I use on 10.13 works fine, graphics acceleration is working fine, just wondered if anyone has encountered this or hopefully knows of a way to fix...happy to supply and logs etc if it is helpful.

Using a Nvidia 710 2gb on Mac Pro.
Cheers.
I am not surprised. Do you have the same problem than me with the top screen impossible to go with the mouse?

I did a post about it.
I am using macbook pro, graphic card hd 3000
(2017-10-14, 21:40)J.Nakash Wrote: I am not surprised. Do you have the same problem than me with the top screen impossible to go with the mouse?

I did a post about it.
I am using macbook pro, graphic card hd 3000

No idea mate,I never use mouse.
It's understandable that there will be a few issues when running an app made months ago on an OS that's only just been released...hopefully Memphiz or someone similarly capable will be able to reproduce and address our issues, he always has done in the past, just show a little patience.

I made a backup so I'm back on Sierra 10.12.6 until there's news on this as the animations issue I mentioned makes Kodi pretty horrible to use on 10.13 for my hardware.
Google for "osx fullscreen optimisation slow"

It still seems apple does something to fullscreen windows that hits us for some reason.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-10-16, 07:40)Memphiz Wrote: Google for "osx fullscreen optimisation slow"

It still seems apple does something to fullscreen windows that hits us for some reason.

Well thats a PITA !, doesn't sound like its an easy thing to debug or fix either?
I saw people have been noticing this on various applications for quite a while now although Apple have definitely changed something between 10.12.6 - 10.13 because animations are just fine on 10.12.6 using identical hardware.

TBH Its not the of the world for me because the changes from a user point of view between Sierra and High Sierra are negligible Imo, for now I've restored my backup and Ill stay on Sierra until/if theres progress on this.

Im guessing you'll probably get more reports of this issue as more people upgrade to 10.13, just thought id give you the heads up and get the ball rolling.
Cheers.
(2017-10-16, 07:40)Memphiz Wrote: Google for "osx fullscreen optimisation slow"

A little bit of progress here, I just fired up High Sierra again to test the mouse problem that the other guy was reporting an issue with, what i've found is if I activate fullscreen by starting in windowed mode, then clicking the green button in the top left of the window, I enter fullscreen mode and the animations are working fine, but if I enter fullscreen mode by using 'cmd + f' or the key '\'...thats when the amimations issue appears.

Not sure if that offers any help as theres definitely an issue, but its at least a workaround for anyone else who might stumble across the issue, it means Kodi is now fully usable for me and I can migrate to High Sierra at last.

Just need to figure out how I can map the green button to a button on my remote, as ive always just mapped 'cmd + f' up until now.
You trick is working as well for me to resolve the mouse issue on full screen.

Waiting for maybe a better fix...
(2017-10-19, 20:37)Nakash Wrote: You trick is working as well for me to resolve the mouse issue on full screen.

Waiting for maybe a better fix...
It'll come buddy, just need to be patient.
The only downside to the method I mentioned, is that 'auto adjust refresh rate' doesn't seem to work when full screen is activated with the green button, not really a big deal but a bit of a nuisance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animation not smooth on High Sierra0