Missing Kodi PVR Add-ons
Any assistance or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

I have an Android box (7.1.1) that came pre-loaded with Kodi 17.3  .  I'd like to setup a PVR simple client (which I have done before on another box).  When I look for the PVR add-ons to select the simple client, I find that I have no category called PVR available for installation. This is after going to add-ons and my add-ons.  

I have only PVR & Live TV settings, but that has no entries for configuring any url for m3u or epg or any sort of address.  This option is available under "settings".

I really do not want to in-install Kodi and re-install it, if I can possibly avoid it.  What I'd really like is to find an add-on to Kodi that gives me the ability to install PVR clients.

I tried installing SuperRepo and then installing the two PVR clients it has.  Both failed because of a dependency with xbmc.pvr Version 4.0.1  . 

I can't get anything for support from the vendor.
Firstly get rid of SuperRepo - it is a banned addon (wiki) repo and not supported here.

On android the PVR addons are already installed by default. Just go to my addons and you should find them there. Just enable the ones you want.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-12, 21:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Firstly get rid of SuperRepo - it is a banned addon (wiki) repo and not supported here.

On android the PVR addons are already installed by default. Just go to my addons and you should find them there. Just enable the ones you want.
(2017-10-12, 21:46)Gordo2 Wrote:
(2017-10-12, 21:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Firstly get rid of SuperRepo - it is a banned addon (wiki) repo and not supported here.

What you say "PVR addons are already installed by default" is generally true.  However in this instance, it is not true.  I have no PVR addons.  That's what I am looking for assistance with.  

I only used the previously mentioned repository in an act of desperation.  I figured if I could get one "simple client" installed, then I could modify the settings and get what I want.

I have looked at other Kodi installs, and they have PVR addons, but there are none on the box where I am trying to install/configure "PVR Simple Client".
If that's the case you'll have to speak to the vendor or wipe the whole Kodi install & re-install it properly from the official site. Not much we can do with 'fully loaded' boxes that somebody else has supplied. An official Kodi install will have them installed, whatever version you have installed on your box is something only the supplier can help you with.
(2017-10-12, 22:06)FXB78 Wrote: If that's the case you'll have to speak to the vendor or wipe the whole Kodi install & re-install it properly from the official site. Not much we can do with 'fully loaded' boxes that somebody else has supplied. An official Kodi install will have them installed, whatever version you have installed on your box is something only the supplier can help you with.

Thank you for your time and efforts in responding.

I had considered the solutions you suggested, and would really rather find an add-on that installs whatever is needed for a PVR Simple Client.  I think once I have one installed, I can change the urls to make it do what I want.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please post.

Thanks again.
Before we can provide any further advice, you will need to provide a debug log (wiki). This allows us to see what you have installed in the way of PVR and other add-ons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
PVRs cannot currently be seperately installed on android as they are binary addons. That's why they're shipped installed by default.

If you don't have them then you've got a broken install from a 3rd party, so the only way is to uninstall and put a fresh proper install on, or talk to whoever you got it from and complain to them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Kodi PVR Add-ons0