Why is this program is so frustrating to configure?
Hi.
I have configured a movie library and set it to be scanned with the movie database.
I do not like it so I downloaded universal scapper addon which should get movie rating from IMDB.
Unfortunately, I cannot find a way either to set the scrapper addon to be the default plugin that shows the movie rating, or to completely wipe all the configuration I made to the library (delete it even) and start over.

So to "fix" my issue I just uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it, this time downloaded the addon first and then added the movie library.
I want to add that I am not a casual user, I tried to search the web and try to understand this application. My career profession also is in QA field so I am not a newbie to software world, but my overall usage with this new Kodi GUI is very frustrating.
I do not remember having such issues when I was using the old Kodi applications even when it was called XBMC.

What I am trying to say, when you over simplify the GUI, you hide some advanced useful features that either are hidden somewhere or do not exist anymore.
I don't think anything is hidden, the layout is just different. If you preferred the old layout then just install the Confluence skin and use that.
Well thanks for helping me to understand how you change the movie database source plugin.
Appreciate your help.
(2017-10-13, 14:28)Zeev Wrote: Well thanks for helping me to understand how you change the movie database source plugin.
Appreciate your help.

Did it work the second time you tried or not? I'm not sure if you still need help or just want to vent fustration.
Where exactly did you see any help in his reply? Ofcourse I need help.
Changing the content setting of a video source has not changed in Estuary. Opening the context menu for the video source folder in the Videos/Files section, select the 'Change content' option, and apply a different information provider. And confirm the changes after that. Please note that this will only apply to newly added videos.
(2017-10-13, 14:28)Zeev Wrote: Well thanks for helping me to understand how you change the movie database source plugin.
Appreciate your help.

You said "I do not remember having such issues when I was using the old Kodi applications even when it was called XBMC."..... so I told you how to change it back to how it previously looked, assuming you would be able to figure it out from there given you said you didn't have such issues with the previous layout.

I didn't realise you wanted the answer spoon-feeding to you, given you stated you're not a casual user. You also said you'd already fixed it, so why do you need help?
(2017-10-13, 14:40)Zeev Wrote: Where exactly did you see any help in his reply? Ofcourse I need help.

You're either an idiot or incredibly simple, I'm not sure which. I told you how to change the UI you were moaning about back to how it previously looked. How is that not helpful to you?
(2017-10-13, 14:42)Klojum Wrote: Changing the content setting of a video source has not changed in Estuary. Opening the context menu for the video source folder in the Videos/Files section, select the 'Change content' option, and apply a different information provider. And confirm the changes after that. Please note that this will only apply to newly added videos.

OK Thanks.
Is it possible to change the source of where it takes data of the movies (the information plugin) of the library after I set the library?
Yes, that's the scraper that's set on the screen after you set the content type.

Doing so will of course force a re-scrape of all the affected data, which can take some time if it's a large file tree.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-13, 16:28)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, that's the scraper that's set on the screen after you set the content type.

Doing so will of course force a re-scrape of all the affected data, which can take some time if it's a large file tree.

Yes I know, but how do you change the scraper after you already set and configured your library?
That is what confusing me.
On the screen where you change content you should have the top two menu entries for "This directory contains" and "Choose information provider".

The first one is where you set the type (movies, Tv shows etc) and the second is which scraper to use (The Movie Database, The TV Database etc).

Just go back into that change content screen and pick something different for the second one, from the scrapers you have installed. And if you want to install more, they're just normal add-ons that you install (from the information providers category of the official built-in repo or any other repo you may have installed which has them).

The simplest way to get to the change content screen is via videos > files and then select whichever of your sources (and file locations therein) you may want to change.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is this program is so frustrating to configure?0