v17 Multiple versions of the same movie under 1 cover
Tongue 
Hello all. I’m pretty new to Kodi. I’ve used it for streaming content off the internet but don’t have much knowledge about personal content. I’ve been using WMC & mymovies’s movie management program because I have a massive movie collection of around 7k movies with a a variety of Blu-ray 1-1 rip/ 1080/720p mkv  and even some DVD rips. Everything Is in MKV. this may sound crazy but this is what I would like to be able to do:

I’d like to take a movie such as Maleficent for example and have multiple versions of the movie but have it show up as just one movie in Kodi. In WMC I was able to click on the movie and it would give me the option of playing any which version I wanted to play that I had on my hardrive of course
1080p 3D
1080p
720p

Also I’m having trouble with titles with multiple parts such as “Planet Earth” or “Life” “ The Bible”etc...

If anyone knows if and how that can be done I’d love to hear from you. It’s pretty much the last piece of my puzzle. Please please help. I thank you. 

[email protected]
Hello sacsweep

Quote:I’d like to take a movie such as Maleficent for example and have multiple versions of the movie but have it show up as just one movie in Kodi.
Kodi wasn't designed to do that, but it is a question asked a fair few times so you can use MovieSets along with Enabling the setting Show Movie Sets. All explained here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_Sets

Quote:Also I’m having trouble with titles with multiple parts such as “Planet Earth” or “Life” “ The Bible”etc...
You need to use TV Shows for that... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much I will look into that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple versions of the same movie under 1 cover0