Atmos passthroughs as TrueHD
Hi,

I have the following problem. My receiver, Marantz SR6010, which is capable of Atmos output, is not recognising the Atmos audio stream in Kodi (installed from Windows 10 store). It shows as TrueHD. I am using the Atmos sample files on the Kodi Wiki sample page.

I am using Kodi on Windows 10 with the latest updates installed. When I select spatial sound as Atmos in the Windows sound settings, the Marantz SR6010 displays correctly Atmos. But I cannot get it working in Kodi. I also configured the receiver like I have height speakers, but that did not work.

It looks like a receiver setup problem, but the strange thing is that Windows sound settings works, so receiver setup looks fine.

Hopefully someone have some tips or recognises the problem.

If I need to supply debug information I would be happy to do so.

Thanks in advance!
What are your audio settings in Kodi? Do you have passthrough enabled?

A screenshot of your audio settings page will help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply.

My passthrough settings:
And what is your setting for Sync playback to display?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Vi...to_display
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It is set to Off.

If I set it to On, the playback gets choppy and my receiver displays as input signal Unknown instead of TrueHd or Dts-hd mstr for instance.
I needed to reboot in order to get good playback again.

With the Sync playback to display setting:
On: Always Multi Ch In, even when toggling passthrough setting in audio settings.
Off: Correct output of DD/DD+/Dts/Dts HD/Dts-x/TrueHD.
Except for Atmos, which is outputted as TrueHD.

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos passthroughs as TrueHD0