OS X Audio out of sync and video not smooth when using HDMI (since High Sierra?)
Hi,

I've been successfully using Kodi connected from a MacBook Pro to my projector through HDMI for a long time. Recently it stopped working correctly:

1. audio seems to become more and more out of sync
2. video is no longer smooth. It's choppy and with an uneven speed

I have tried tweaking with all the video options (sync playback, adjust framerate, audio passthrough, etc.) and nothing seems to solved it. I also tried to install the latests Kodi nightly build but nothing changed.

This only happens when I play it through HDMI. If I remove the HDMI cable, both video and audio work fine when I use Kodi in the laptop by itself.

It started happening recently so I imagine it could be related to High Sierra.

When I use VNC the audio works fine but the video is still choppy.

Anyone else is having similar problems? Is this a bug in macOS High Sierra?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Nuno
Let's start with a debug log (wiki) so we get some more details of what goes on when your HDMI cable is plugged in.
Using VNC for watching videos is never a good idea in my opinion.
(2017-10-15, 04:53)Klojum Wrote: Let's start with a debug log (wiki) so we get some more details of what goes on when your HDMI cable is plugged in.
Using VNC for watching videos is never a good idea in my opinion.

Eventually, I decided to install Kodi on a dedicated RPI3 I had here doing nothing and now everything works fine. So no need to pursue the solution for this mystery. Thanks for your help anyway!

Nuno

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio out of sync and video not smooth when using HDMI (since High Sierra?)0