Can't get fanart to show up in background
I just reimaged our HTPC, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the fanart to show up in the background like it did before the reimage.

We are using the Arctic Zephyr skin, so I apologize if this belongs under "Addons", but I'm not sure this isn't more of a general question. I have tried various settings, and all I can get to show is the KODI with some clouds in the background - Screenshot

What it did before the reimage was a rotating set of images that was based on what was in the libraries. I'd like to get back to that, but if there was some setting that I changed, I don't know what it was. I used the Backup addon, and it seemed to restore fine (once I first enabled the correct skin) but it didn't re-enable this feature for some reason. I thought maybe the libraries weren't linked to the content, but the libraries have been cleaned and re-updated, and I have tested various random files. The content is present, and in the library, so I just don't get it. 

Help! The clouds are boring! Smile
Boring, but they do look neat. This is most likely a specific skin function https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221 and I'll move the post to that area. Keeping in mind that in the past screen blankers did a great slideshow, and then along came extrafanart, so look into the skin settings for that along with 'backgrounds' in the skin settings.
Yeah, it seems that I was using a widget, but the widgets are a bit...obtuse? I'm sure they work great after you dedicate the hours it takes to figuring out exactly which one is going to do what you want, and how to instruct it to do so, but this is not how I wanted to spend my Sunday. Sad Unfortunate for me that the backup didn't work like I imagined. Like...a backup.
alas, sometimes to get impressive results, you have to spend a bit of hobby time. Most of the default skins offer a straight-up good looking skin with optimal features based on a theme and sticking to that sometimes is the best use of your time. For back-ups, I just copy the entire enchilada (roaming folder), to an off-site disk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get fanart to show up in background1