v17 How to stop playing the next video automaticaly in TV Show
When I play TV Shows, systematically kodi plays another episode which I believe is the same as if it was not the next but a loop on the current one.
(If of interest, when last episode, it would play it again and again...)

Before some jump in with the easy solution, yes I have deactivated "Play Next video automatically" in the Video settings.
I have even tried with or without being ticked and exact same result.
I have tried also to restart Kodi.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (Version 1703 - OS Build 15063-608) and kodi 17.4 (22 August 2017)
And I have an i7 & 16GB RAM

have enable the debug in verbose mode, I believe by editing the AdvancedSettings.xml file and set its content to:

<advancedsettings>

<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->

<debug>

<extralogging>true</extralogging>

<setextraloglevel>32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,16384,32768,65536</setextraloglevel>

<showloginfo>true</showloginfo>

</debug>

</advancedsettings>

Here is the log, you can see that it plays 2 times the grand designs tvshow, but can't see any reference that it has been played twice.

https://pastebin.com/js03ba74

Let me know if I could do anything else to diagnose this strange behaviour.

I have noticed in the log that in the log it says that I am running kodi 32 bits whilst I am definitely running Windows 10 64 bits, would that be a cause of unexpected behaviour? I believe at the time of update, I could not find kodi 64bits from memory.

I have removed those forbidden addon which as shared were probably installed by my brother in law, and never worked or been used.
I had to figure it out as hiding the Uninstall under information, was slightly counterintuitive in my opinion rather than just having an uninstall under right click on the addon.
Hello brennerp

The log you submitted does not have debugging enabled. In fact, Kodi is not seeing your advancedsettings.xml file at all.

No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml) and masterprofile is mapped to:
special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata This is where your advancedsettings.xml file should be saved

Also, tell us which show you are playing. Makes it easier for us to hunt down the relevant part.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-15, 23:08)brennerp Wrote: kodi plays another episode which I believe is the same as if it was not the next but a loop on the current one.

This does not make sense to me, please describe in pricise detail what you do in Kodi and what happens. What I'm mostly unclear on is does the currently selected episode simply continuously repeat, or if all episodes are played one after another until the last is reached.
(2017-10-15, 23:22)Karellen Wrote: Hello brennerp

The log you submitted does not have debugging enabled. In fact, Kodi is not seeing your advancedsettings.xml file at all.

No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml) and masterprofile is mapped to:
special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata This is where your advancedsettings.xml file should be saved

Also, tell us which show you are playing. Makes it easier for us to hunt down the relevant part.

I will review where the advandedsettings.xml file was saved. I will get back to you on that one

Now I personnaly see the show name in the logfile
(2017-10-16, 03:51)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2017-10-15, 23:08)brennerp Wrote: kodi plays another episode which I believe is the same as if it was not the next but a loop on the current one.

This does not make sense to me, please describe in pricise detail what you do in Kodi and what happens. What I'm mostly unclear on is does the currently selected episode simply continuously repeat, or if all episodes are played one after another until the last is reached.

I just want Kodi to play one video at a time whether it is a movie or a TVShow.
And at the moment, once the episode is finished, it goes to another one.
Even so the "Automatically play next episode" is not ticked.
There are a add-ons that perform that function, and some skins install and enable it automatically. A debug log will help, but if you are not using Estuary, then the chances are there is another skin specific setting to disable it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop playing the next video automaticaly in TV Show0