Downloading to external hard drive and watching full free legal video
I have a question, please point me in the proper direction if my post is in the wrong forum/website entirely.

I have Kodi Krypton, and various add ons. I figured out how to install an external hard drive to my wireless router, then linked the hard drive to the various add ons. I then set the external hard drive's library to populate within the video tab on my kodi home screen. Downloaded content populates properly there... but here's where my issue arises....

Every video I download is incomplete, every single one. The megabit total in the External Hard Drive folder is never the total value that Kodi initially tells me that it will be. For example, let's say I download a 1000mb video, the folder shows 571mb. When you watch the video, half way through it turns off. Very frustrating...

I'm assuming Kodi shuts off and the downloads stops (?) but I really do not know to be certain.

Can anyone help me with this?
Hello bjl473

To receive assistance with your issue, you will need to provide a debug log (wiki). It is important that you Enable debugging, Restart Kodi and Capture the problem while you have debugging enabled. FULL LOGS only.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
sounds like you are using fat32 on the external disk. This has a file size limit of 4GB...
Connect your hard disk to a desktop/laptop/notebook and check the downloaded videos directly. You may try playing them using VLC Player. This will rule-out the hard disk problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downloading to external hard drive and watching full free legal video0