SMB Password
I've searched and read all the 59 million different  guaranteed! solutions on how to do this.

So I need to ask two questions-
  • Why can't the developers simply chime in and give a definitive answer instead of forcing a user to sift through bazillions of posts of which some suggest that the use of a blender, a gerbil, and a flower pot will solve their problem?
  • When adding a video source by SMB, Kodi asks for Lock Preferences, and then a few lines lower, asks for THEE PASSWORD. What is that in simple EnglishHuh

a) I have a Microsoft Windows Username and Password to access the machine to begin with.
         b) Once logged on, I have a Username and Password for my User Account.
         c) In Windows, if you go to Settings/Accounts- now you get a Microsoft Account, different than the above 2!
         d) If you look in Users in C:/Users, you get even another result showing your User Account being the first 5 letters of your email address.

What's your password? LOLOL

I've tried all these, none work. Secret?

Thank you
So are you blaming us that Microsoft chose to implement bazillions ways to login?
I personally would say, get yourself a Linux computer and use NFS instead of SMB.
It's all straight forward: a login+password per user.

Basically you would need the credentials of the user that created the Windows share.
And in case you do have 5 different sets of credentials, one of them should work.
Otherwise, you have crapped up a previous step of the sharing setup in Windows.
Big Grin 
(2017-10-16, 14:49)Klojum Wrote: Basically you would need the credentials of the user that created the Windows share.
Ah! Thank you for chiming in! No, there is only one set of credentials for each process, I just needed to know for which Windows process.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Password0