Importing itunes formatted TV Shows
Sad 
Hi all,
I'm new to this, but I've been searching the forums and although I've found similar issues, nothing has been able to help me yet.
I'm sorry if I'm being a complete moron, so bare with me... Blush

OK, up until now I've always stored my movies, music and tv shows in itunes, but I've recently found xbmc and I'm so far finding it sooo much better apart from 1 thing.
My movies have all imported fine, but because itunes changes the file name of tv shows they won't import as it stands unless I go through and change the file name of each one individually.

the file system is currently:
~TV Shows/Flight of the Conchords/1-01 Sally.mp4
~TV Shows/Flight of the Conchords/1-02 Bret Gives Up The Dream.mp4
etc...

After reading the forums I understand I can do this using regular expressions in the advancedsettings.xml which I've tried, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Here's what I've done:

I have a file name "AdvancedSettings.xml" in ~user/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData/AdvancedSettings.xml

content:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Any ideas on how I can get this to work, I can't go through every show to change the title of every episode.
Help Confused
a good start would be having your regexp describe your filename pattern.
that one does not.

<regexp>[\\/]([0-9]+)-([0-9][+)[^\\/]*</regexp>

does however (and is safer since we require the / at start
Doh! Thanks for that. Not sure where I got that code from now, I've been going round in circles for a while now.

OK, so no my xml reads:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[\\/]([0-9]+)-([0-9][+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Still doesn't work though. All I get in the library is the show with info, but no files.
debug log

plus you inherited a typo Smile

should read

<regexp>[\\/]([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
No need for the debug log, the typo fixed it.

Thanks for your quick replies. This is gonna save me so much time now I don't need to rename everything.

Thanks so much!!! Big Grin
OK, now I'm confused. Huh There seems to be some conflict so now I've got the TV Shows working the movies no longer seem to "Scan for new content".

I'm sure it's me, I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing itunes formatted TV Shows0