How does Kodi handle BT2020/HDR 10 Content on SDR screen
I was wondering how Kodi handles a 4K / BT2020 /HDR 10 source when playing on a 1080P / BT709/ SDR screen? How well does it convert down the signal to BT709/SDR?
try here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307948
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the link , so currently it looks like it doesnt =)
No! That one is for Android only. Check e.g. Linux and windows for what happens in the shaders for output.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hint: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Matrix.cpp
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Since PQ is absolute, Kodi should do this as part of the built in 3DLUT functionality. Have a set of different 3DLuts that target different NITS output. This is the superior way of handlng color management. But of course this is not going to happen. Someone is going to try and reinvent the wheel and f*** it up Smile
(2017-10-19, 01:45)Soli Wrote: Since PQ is absolute, Kodi should do this as part of the built in 3DLUT functionality. Have a set of different 3DLuts that target different NITS output. This is the superior way of handlng color management. But of course this is not going to happen. Someone is going to try and reinvent the wheel and f*** it up Smile
I haven't kept up with Kodi's 3D LUT feature. What kind of interpolation does it do? Cubic or Triangular. What is the performance like with a 65 grids table?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does Kodi handle BT2020/HDR 10 Content on SDR screen0