KODI 17.4 NOT WORKING WITH LG TV
i  have been using Kodi 16.1 and 17.3 on m Amazon  Firestick. I upgraded the Firestick to 17.4 and also did a fresh install to 17.4, but for some reason, after installing the Kodi, it does not launch but goes back to the screen with the Kodi logo. So Kodi is not opening up.

Now I took the same stick and reinstalled the Kodi 17.4 and run on Panasonic TX-P42C10B, it works fine and after the install, Kodi runs and opens up.

After seeing the Kodi open, I shut the firestick down and took the same Firestick to the LG TV and got the same result.

I have another firestick running Kodi 17.3 and it works fine on both h TV's.

This is a crazy situation because the software and addons are on the Firestick and work fine on the Panasonic TV and also a Sharp LG-32CFE6131K TV.

I am wondering if it is related to the skins.

I have tried a couple of additional tests and below are the following results:

The Firestick does not launch on any of the 4 HDMI connections on the LG  TV.

I have a SCART to HDMI converter and when I used that on the LG TV, it works fine.

But why is  the Kodi 17.4 not working with the original HDMI connections on this TV.

I also tried it with my Sony KVR 17HR3 TV with the SCART to HDMI Converter and it works.

Why is the Kodi 17.4 having problems with some HDMI portsImageImage?
Please don't keep posting new threads on the same subject - you already posted this one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I installed a fresh Kodi v17 Krypton onto my firestick and it seems to run no problem on my downstairs TV. However when I put it into my upstairs TV and launch kodi it just goes black for a second then returns to App menu. If I clear the Cache/Data and Force Close it just comes up Preparing for a first time start then does the same problem.

I tried it in my kids bedroom TV and it loaded no problem on that.

Is there any reason one of my TVs will not run Kodi v17? I installed Kodi v16 on it to test and it ran no problem so its got to be something with the new version?

Thanks
(2017-10-17, 17:55)rdclarkuk Wrote: i  have been using Kodi 16.1 and 17.3 on m Amazon  Firestick. I upgraded the Firestick to 17.4 and also did a fresh install to 17.4, but for some reason, after installing the Kodi, it does not launch but goes back to the screen with the Kodi logo. So Kodi is not opening up.Now I took the same stick and reinstalled the Kodi 17.4 and run on Panasonic TX-P42C10B, it works fine and after the install, Kodi runs and opens up.After seeing the Kodi open, I shut the firestick down and took the same Firestick to the LG TV and got the same result.I have another firestick running Kodi 17.3 and it works fine on both h TV's.This is a crazy situation because the software and addons are on the Firestick and work fine on the Panasonic TV and also a Sharp LG-32CFE6131K TV.I am wondering if it is related to the skins.I have tried a couple of additional tests and below are the following results:
The Firestick does not launch on any of the 4 HDMI connections on the LG  TV.I have a SCART to HDMI converter and when I used that on the LG TV, it works fine.But why is  the Kodi 17.4 not working with the original HDMI connections on this TV.I also tried it with my Sony KVR 17HR3 TV with the SCART to HDMI Converter and it works.Why is the Kodi 17.4 having problems with some HDMI portsImageImage?
Hi. Just had the same issue with Krypton 17.6. At first I thought it was VM blocking it after a new router was installed. Kodi would not load up on my LG, but worked fine on a Panasonic, despite multiple resets and re-installs. The LG has 3 HDMI ports, eventually, I disconnected TiVo (had been in HDMI1) and Blu-ray and put Firestick in HDMI1 and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17.4 NOT WORKING WITH LG TV0