Solved Permanent rectangular stair-like shapes on the image. What's this?
An image is worth a thousand words:

What are those things? They are present in my whole library, not moving, just there all the time, but only when played with Kodi 17.4 (Windows 10)

Thanks in advance
Maybe you downloaded a wrongly encoded series, or your Kodi setup is compromised with a case of severe color banding.
Please provide a full, unedited debug log (wiki) to see what is happening.
i doubt it's a bug, i think is something related to your graphic card. i read something in the past here in the forum.
Peppe
Try this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2425481
(2017-10-18, 17:51)FXB78 Wrote: Try this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2425481

Thanks guys!!
Disabling the contrast enhancement on the IntelHD graphics panel fixed it:

Afterwards:

Sorry for the offtopic, but is it possible to use the dedicated graphics card (GTX950m) instead of the integrated graphic card, and if so is there any advantage?

Thanks again!
Quote:is it possible to use the dedicated graphics card (GTX950m) instead of the integrated graphic card
Yes it is. Don't know what your hardware is, but if using a desktop, plug the hdmi cable into the Graphics Card hdmi port and not the port on the Motherboard.
If it is a laptop, then you will have to fiddle with the Device Manager to disable or enable them

As for advantage... don't know the specs of your integrated one, but in most cases it is safe to say the Graphics Card should be your preferred connection.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Permanent rectangular stair-like shapes on the image. What's this?0