Github Repo not showing anything
So I have a kodi build I am using for my business and instead of carrying around a thumb drive to load each box up with that build I would rather access the repo from the Kodi file manager and download the wizard from there directly to the android box.  

When I go to Kodi file manager I can access the URL but when I try to go into zip drive in kodi to load it shows my repo as empty.

Below shows that the wizard is there and this is all a test run until I figure out how it all works and then I can load up the completed software to Github. 

Inside pluggin

I am new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Jeremy
(2017-10-18, 20:49)jeremybotkins Wrote: So I have a kodi build I am using for my business and instead of carrying around a thumb drive to load each box up with that build I would rather access the repo from the Kodi file manager and download the wizard from there directly to the android box.  

I can't imagine you'll get much help here with that. Maybe this will explain why https://kodi.tv/article/piracy-box-selle...lling-kodi

Unless your 'build' and wizard are all legitimate, if they are you could probably do with providing some more info about your business. Nobody here will help you peddle fully-loaded boxes for example.
My kodi build is 100% legal with only official Kodi Repo add-ons.  My customers have been getting the streamsmart from our family furniture business and after looking further into their build we no longer offer fully loaded boxes.  This build is meant to provide our customers with a safe streaming option and a legal IPTV service that would be paid by a monthly subscription.  I do not intend to break any FCC regulations and am just looking for help with this.
You should also be aware of the Official:Trademark_Policy (wiki), especially section 4.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-18, 21:50)jeremybotkins Wrote: My kodi build is 100% legal with only official Kodi Repo add-ons.  My customers have been getting the streamsmart from our family furniture business and after looking further into their build we no longer offer fully loaded boxes.  This build is meant to provide our customers with a safe streaming option and a legal IPTV service that would be paid by a monthly subscription.  I do not intend to break any FCC regulations and am just looking for help with this.

Curious that you are asking for support for a specific github repository but haven't provided a link for it to assist with your issue.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
As far as I know, there VERY few wizards in official Kodi repo.

Your "images" are linked incorrectly and do not work. If you want to share images, use https://imgur.com or http://imgbb.com .

Quote:My kodi build is 100% legal
Prove it. Also YOUR Kodi build is obviously NOT OUR Kodi build. So why should WE offer free support for YOUR paid Kodi build?

Quote:My customers have been getting the streamsmart from our family furniture business and after looking further into their build we no longer offer fully loaded boxes.  This build is meant to provide our customers with a safe streaming option and a legal IPTV service that would be paid by a monthly subscription.
What a lovely family business... And the Smartstream website is still up:
Quote:StreamSmart is a smart TV box that streams in HD with no monthly fees or contracts. The StreamSmart receiver will give you access to movies, TV shows, live sports, live streams of your favorite TV channels, and 3D movies all in HD!
"Legal IPTV service" still means nothing about its content.
1.  The paid IPTV service is from a company called SETVNOW and all I am doing is integrating their app into the kodi build as an android app add-on.  This service is only accessible by paying a monthly rate.  This is the only way I can see to keep our customers safe from illegal streams provided by 3rd party developers.

2.  The streamsmart is NOT my product but there is a lot of it our there and in my line of business there is a lot of stores selling it not knowing what they are providing to the customer. Honestly I did not know until I started looking into the builds and what kodi was all about.

3.  The addons I use besides the SETVNOW (not an addon), HD Homerun is what I have found in the official Kodi Repository.

4.  My customers are NOT paying me for the build.  They pay for the hardware like the android TV boxes, HD Homerun, antennas and the monthly service to SETVNOW.  MY build was to keep my customers away from a potentially serious issue with fully loaded boxes.

5.  MY family business is a lovely business @karellen- link removed (Team, see slack for edit)

I am only looking for direction and I WANT TO do the right thing for my customers and my business.  I am not using the kodi name as the build but we are saying an android
MY wizard is not in the kodi repo my build just uses addons from the Kodi repo

continuing on

I am only looking for direction and I WANT TO do the right thing for my customers and my business.  I am not using the kodi name as the build but we are saying an android tv box with my kodi safe build.

We are just trying to do the right thing and I was hopping to find the help I needed here.  I was to be as transparent as possible with you all and I want to make sure we are doing what is right for the consumers.  If I need to pay for the proper direction then so be it but please know this build that I did is nothing like the STREAMSMART or any fully loaded boxes.  

Again this is all new to me and I am just hopping to get the answers I need from the source directly.  

Thanks and I hope to get some friendlier responses.

Jeremy  
Also this build I made from scratch and has nothing to do with the official Kodi Repo.

I was merely asking how to get my build from github.  I am having issues when I downloaded from the file manager and when I go to zip file it shows the build but there is nothing in it.  Just to clarify.

I will provide and prove what I need to but again instead of looking around for hours on google (because I am new to this) I wanted to ask here first.

I am not manipulating anything with kodi I am only using what you have provided.  My Customers are NOT PAYING A PENNY FOR MY BUILD they are only paying for hardware and a subscription to a IPTV service that they would have to choose to get or not.

I am trying to provide a solution to my customers not a potential FCC lawsuit.

Thanks I await your replies

Jeremy
Hello @jeremybotkins

I am catching up with your thread and have removed the link to your business in your previous post.

I am trying to research SETVNOW as it is not something I have heard of in Australia. It is very difficult to find any information about it as all links I click are just click bait. That in itself is a warning sign for me.

I understand you are trying to provide a "legal" option to your customers, but we need to find out a bit more about SETVNOW. They have quite a range of premium channels, but there is no indication that they are distributed with the authorisation from the rights holders.

They seem to have a snail mail only DMCA procedure, which is also indicative of evasive intent. Also of interest is para 3.5 of their Terms and Conditions...

Quote:You may not embed the Video Player into any hardware or software application, even for non-commercial purposes. SET BROADCAST reserves the right to prevent embedding to any website or other location that SET BROADCAST finds inappropriate or objectionable (as determined by SET BROADCAST in its sole discretion).
and wonder if you are inadvertently circumventing their restrictions. Although para 3.6 seems to somewhat contradict the above statement. (of course assuming they are a legal service)

Their ToS are generally written in a manner that may indicate legitimate operation. But we need to confirm.

With these unresolved issues, we cannot yet provide assistance with your problem. It would certainly help if we have access to your repository to investigate further.

Hopefully another of the Team members may be more familiar with the service in their part of the world and provide appropriate direction.

Thank you
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Wink 
Quote:legal IPTV service that would be paid by a monthly subscription
We frown on wizards, builds and software packages that wrap up Kodi with some unknown service and construction which might cast a shadow over the team and it's efforts to bring open sourced software to those who appreciate the finest home theatre and media manager available. @Klojum statement and request 'prove it', is real and if you have re-broadcasting rights wrapped up, show us the agreed upon permissions (we need to know the ultimate code disposition you have in mind). Give us the written ammunition, to enable a defensible position. From everything I've seen IPTV is turning into just another covert cover layer for piracy even though I have seen a few exceptions, it's not the reason IPTV has recently spiked in interest. Attention in the industry is starting to turn to these IPTV streams and at this juncture the method has yet to reach the courts, we have no intention of supporting the vanguard of IPTV

Legal issues depend on the jurisdiction of the person involved, so I cannot speak for every country.
Sale of Android boxes To Obtain "Free TV" Is Now Illegal In Canada

If you are paying for an illegal streaming subscription you are funding a criminal organisation. And while I am sure some streaming providers are probably nice people doing it for fun, there are also criminal gangs and money laundering organisations involved. Smile https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPTV

Don't come here looking for free support for a money making subscription operation.
I am sorry to Team Kodi for upsetting any of you.  When I have my ducks in a row I will respond with all the answers you would like.

I didnt come here looking for free advice I came here just looking for help with my current situation.  I love the kodi program and use it at my home daily.  I want to give you all the best image as possible.

I have talked to the company SETVNOW and they assure me they are legal and everything my attorneys have read has it backed up.

Please wait for a better response tomorrow afternoon

Thanks

Jeremy
(2017-10-19, 05:58)jeremybotkins Wrote: I have talked to the company SETVNOW and they assure me they are legal and everything my attorneys have read has it backed up.

If it's setvnow dot com there's no way that site is legit, just look at the channel list.
1) That particular IPTV paid service (like pretty much 99.9% of them) is offering pirated streams because they do not own the rights to distribute those channels.

2) Despite all your responses providing a defence as to what you're trying to do you STILL have not provided a simple link to the github repo and add-ons in question for anybody to verify. This is suspicious.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-10-19, 05:58)jeremybotkins Wrote: I have talked to the company SETVNOW and they assure me they are legal and everything my attorneys have read has it backed up.

I would suggest you need better attorneys.

Warning signs this is 100% not legit:

1. International premium subscription channels are shown such as Sky TV, as a UK citizen I can state with absolute certainty that they will not have a reseller agreement with anyone outside the UK when their own services are restricted to the UK only, and certainly not for a cost lower than subscribing direct to Sky.

2. US premium channels only available via cable operators such as Comcast, DirecTV, etc such as the HBO channels, the only legal IPTV methods for these are the channels own dedicated app such as HBO Go.

If all is above board as you say then you won't mind contacting HBO at [email protected] and asking them if SET has a reseller agreement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Github Repo not showing anything0