Github Repo not showing anything
Also as mentioned before, to be in compliance with our Official:Trademark_Policy (wiki) you would need to either provide a completely vanilla Kodi installation with nothing additionally installed on it (no add-ons at all that don't come pre-installed in the version of Kodi you can download here or from our approved sources like the Google Play Store), or if you wish to provide such an install with add-ons installed, then you must fork the GitHub code and rebuild it yourself, completely removing all references to Kodi including graphics and logos etc. See the trademark link for full details.

If your build is not doing this but is just providing pre-installed add-ons, then it is in violation of the Trademark and we have the legal right to defend that trademark in court. Please also see our Official:Trademark_Policy_FAQ (wiki) for further explanation.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
SETVnow is NOT a legal service... its doubtful they have ANY authorization to rebroadcast those networks.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I have not distributed this build to any customer yet.

Here is the link to the REPO please let me know if I am in the wrong or if I need to delete project and walk away.  https://github.com/RTOTV/RTOTV

Wanting to make this right and if I can not do this with Kodis blessing then I am walking away from this project
best to walk away. you will get no blessing from us here unless you fully re-brand and remove the logo and phrase kodi from the equation. also your iptv service is 110% illegal.

if you want to see what happens when you are in the US (which you are) check out the latest guys that did the same thing you are trying to do: https://www.google.com/search?q=tickbox&...80&bih=807
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-10-19, 17:27)jeremybotkins Wrote: I have not distributed this build to any customer yet.

Here is the link to the REPO please let me know if I am in the wrong or if I need to delete project and walk away.  https://github.com/RTOTV/RTOTV

Wanting to make this right and if I can not do this with Kodis blessing then I am walking away from this project

You are really playing with fire... https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017...or-piracy/
Ok.

Walking away or I will re-brand and do it legally.  I am not here to break any law or trademark policies with kodi.  

I have a question though.  Why when I am trying to provide a service that I believe is legit that companies like STREAMSMART is still out there charging $500 for their boxes for a fully loaded kodi system is still up and running?? I would think that in its self would be a bigger problem then a little guy like me.

Thank you for the information its not the answer I initially came for but at least I got some new info before things got out of hand
(2017-10-19, 18:15)jeremybotkins Wrote: Ok.

Walking away or I will re-brand and do it legally.  I am not here to break any law or trademark policies with kodi.  

I have a question though.  Why when I am trying to provide a service that I believe is legit that companies like STREAMSMART is still out there charging $500 for their boxes for a fully loaded kodi system is still up and running?? I would think that in its self would be a bigger problem then a little guy like me.

Thank you for the information its not the answer I initially came for but at least I got some new info before things got out of hand

@jeremybotkins the service is 100% ILLEGAL!! 

BTW, your argument is.... because others do it, I can too? Good luck with that.
(2017-10-19, 18:23)Lunatixz Wrote:

No that is not my Argument!! I am not making a fully loaded build only thing I had in my build was add-ons from the official kodi repo like ABC, NBC, Newson, Travel Ch, HGTV and more that was deemed a legal free stream. I do not want to offer a fully loaded box to any of our customers that is considered illegal.

Since the IPTV service I have chosen is supposedly illegal does any one in the kodi world have a better suggestion that you would recommend??
(2017-10-19, 18:31)jeremybotkins Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 18:23)Lunatixz Wrote:

No that is not my Argument!! I am not making a fully loaded build only thing I had in my build was add-ons from the official kodi repo like ABC, NBC, Newson, Travel Ch, HGTV and more that was deemed a legal free stream.  I do not want to offer a fully loaded box to any of our customers that is considered illegal.  

Since the IPTV service I have chosen is supposedly illegal does any one in the kodi world have a better suggestion that you would recommend??

I never gave you permission to include my code in your "Builds".
I have not distributed any of that build to anybody it was just in the design stage. I will delete everything and walk away from this project.  

Please know none of this was intentional and I mean no harm to kodi.  I am sorry I did not ask permission first I was unaware of who to contact or if it needed to be done since it is a open source lay out.

This was a project I was hopping to help my industry with because it is riddled with fully loaded boxes and it is putting the customers of our industry at risk.  I was doing this with only good intentions and since I am in the wrong I will completely shut it down from going any further.

I have only been introduced to kodi in the last year and just started to get into personal builds.  I was introduced to kodi unfortunately from a fully loaded box.

I again apologize for any misunderstanding on my part.  Legal proceedings is not necessary for 1 build that I have on my computer that will soon be completely gone.

I appreciate everything kodi is doing and I will stay away.
(2017-10-19, 18:51)jeremybotkins Wrote: I have not distributed any of that build to anybody it was just in the design stage. I will delete everything and walk away from this project.  

Please know none of this was intentional and I mean no harm to kodi.  I am sorry I did not ask permission first I was unaware of who to contact or if it needed to be done since it is a open source lay out.

This was a project I was hopping to help my industry with because it is riddled with fully loaded boxes and it is putting the customers of our industry at risk.  I was doing this with only good intentions and since I am in the wrong I will completely shut it down from going any further.

I have only been introduced to kodi in the last year and just started to get into personal builds.  I was introduced to kodi unfortunately from a fully loaded box.

I again apologize for any misunderstanding on my part.  Legal proceedings is not necessary for 1 build that I have on my computer that will soon be completely gone.

I appreciate everything kodi is doing and I will stay away.

@jeremybotkins 

You are making a smart decision... Protect what you have, and don't risk it all on ventures that are beyond your understanding. The others you chose to build your business model around either have nothing to lose or are protected by their countries laws... In your case, you were opening yourself up to a world of hurt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Github Repo not showing anything0