[SOLVED] No Movie Artwork
I have the Universal Movie Scraper installed. TV Shows are loading all metadata and artwork fine, but movies are only loading the metadata, NOT artwork. Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

Just got my RPi yesterday so I'm a super noob.

Thank you!
First of all, both movies and tvshows need their own root folder to start from. Perhaps you mixed them up or made some error there.
If you have set the correct content setting to the movie root folder, then everything should work ™.
Thanks for the response.

I have my content setup as:

TV
|----Adult
| |----TV Show 1
| |----Season #
| |--Files as:S##E## - Name.extension
|----Kids
| |----TV Show 1
| |----Season #
| |--Files as:S##E## - Name.extension

Movies
|----Adult
| |----Files as: Movie Name (Year) [Format].extension
|----Kids
| |----Files as: Movie Name (Year) [Format].extension

with 4 smart playlists setup correspondingly to Movies\Adult, Movies\Kids, TV\Adult, TV\Kids

I did a "Set content" for the 2 Movie directories for Movies, and a "Set content" for the 2 TV directories for TV.
Hello Xoph,

Could you please provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

It would be great if you remove from the library a couple of these movies that have missing artwork then restart Kodi. Now that debugging is enabled run an update library to capture the scrape. That way we can see in the log what is going wrong.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25767449/
Can you provide the name of the movie(s) hard to tell with all the movies you have...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's EVERY movie, TV shows are fine though.

My apologies. I just noticed that this was the wrong log (I had tried this a couple times). Let me get a newer one.
No the log keeps looking the same as that. It's actually freezing on "SCANNING TV SHOWS USING THE TVDB", "Scanning for new content" at 0%.

It scans the movies first, as shown in the log above, but it looks like it doesn't even go through the movies, it's going through some TV episodes?

I am going to remove the whole library, re-add everything, and get the log as I do that. We'll see.
Ok, looking at your log, there are problems.

The main problem is you have not correctly saved your Movies and TV Shows. You seem to just have them all saved in one directory with no separation between Movies and TV show. That will not work

The other problems are a flow on effect from the first problem. Fix that and the others will be fixed also

Read here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

You need one or more sources for Movies.

You need one or more sources for TV Shows

Do not combine them
My Signature
I have them separate. The logs are confusing me as well. I have some cleanup to do there for sure.

I just ended up cleaning up the whole library and redoing everything, and now everything loads fine.

I suspect when I added additional scrapers after the initial scan, it helped with the 2nd round of getting all the data.

Here's what I did to resolve my issue (essentially a complete restart of my library).
1. Unplugged my USB
2. Removed all my playlists and removed them from showing in the layout.
3. In Settings > Media Settings I did a cleanup of the library
3. Rebooted
4. Set the content on each of my movie and TV show directories
5. Created the smart playlists
6. Added the smart playlists back to the layout.
7. I'm happy as a clam

Thank you for watching my dumbness!
That is weird if they are saved separately. Because it shows your TV Shows in /movies/ eg...

/var/media/XnV/Christoph/Movies/Adult/Bates Motel/Season 3/Bates.Motel.S03E10.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4
FindMovie: Searching for 'Bates Motel S03E10' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/storage/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.9.5')

And that it is being scraped with The Movie Database scraper v3.9.5 which is the Movie scraper, not the TV Show scraper at their site which is v1.8.5 (I think)

But great that it is working now.

Enjoy Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] No Movie Artwork0