kodi 17-4 question
hi
I have been using 17-4 krypton in windows 10 on my laptop for sometime no probs, then due to needing to arrange things I wanted to do a clean new install, so I uninstalled existing program through uninstall a program method (have so before with no probs) but this time when installing new from official kodi site all my old add ons reappeared on the new install also my old repos although my add source in file manager was empty as expected, no matter how I try (several attempts) I can't get to a clean install always my add ons seem to remain and I cannot add source address'sHuh confused here how are my previous add ons arriving with the new install.
any help would be really appreciated.
cheers
If you want to remove the addons you need to delete the Profile folder.

It will be located either here "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi)" for a desktop install or "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\" for a Windows Store install.
hi
well I have always just uninstalled the program and that has been ok, being as I am downloading straight to the " my programs " on my laptop where would I find this profile folder I have never loaded from windows store,
just load from kodi site. I appreciate your help and am not as technical pc wise as you are so please excuse my ignorance.
basically where would I see this profile folder on my laptop so I can delete it?
cheers
It would be here C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
hi
ok but where would I see that address link in kodi or windows ?
again sorry to seem so dumb
cheers
hi again
well I am going around in circles here you have kindly told me what I need to do but I cannot seem to locate this profile folder to delete it, do I need to download kodi again to get it??
cheers
You would need to find the folder using Windows Explorer. However, it will probably be easier for you to just uninstall Kodi and tick to delete Profile folder as below:

For some reason ticking that option will not always remove the Profile folder. I have experienced that a few times when using my test system.

Initially you can tick the box, but then confirm it has been removed by using Windows Explorer and deleting manually if it still exists.

See the guide here on uninstalling Kodi... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...lling_Kodi
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The profile folder should be where FXB78 specified, but maybe you can't see it because you first need to enable "hidden files and folders" in windows explorer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17-4 question0