drive filling up
Few months ago, i installed kodi on a external drive, as my main OS drive is only 40GB..no problems with doing this, however, i have noticed that the OS drive is slowly shrinking in free space, on looking further, i have noticed that appdata/roaming/kodi that kodi is using this drive for some reason and not the drive its installed on, i assume that as i am a library user, its putting thumbnails etc on C drive instead of M..therefore...how do i get kodi to use just M drive as i would like to use extended artwork and i know if i use it now, it will fill C drive up in no time!
Thank you
You run Kodi in "portable mode" by creating shortcut, and open the shortcut properties (right-click) then the "shortcut" tab and on the "target" line add  -p (a command line option).  Now start Kodi using the shortcut.  This will create a new subfolder named "portable_data" in the folder where kodi.exe is located (so, your external drive).  It will also create all the userdata files, but with defaults.  Now simply copy everything from your Kodi "userdata" in your windows logged-on user %appdata% over to that portable_data folder.  Restart Kodi from the modified shortcut and you should see all your sources/customizations/etc.  Once you are happy you could zip up your original "userdata" from C: drive and save it as a backup and delete, or just delete it.

There's also a script called "texturecache.py" which is supported in the 3rd party apps section of the forum which can help prune some of the excess thumbnails (typical source of "excessive" userdata size).

scott s.
thank you
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...table_Mode
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
drive filling up0