Keyboard not working
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help on setting up Kodi on my RPi3. I followed the howto on the Raspberry Pi site (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=99866) and Kodi starts as expected. I have a Logitech K400 (combi keyboard & mouse) connected to the RPi and in command line mode (run level 3), the keyboard works fine. In LXDE the keyboard and mouse also works fine. When Kodi is running, the mouse part works as expected but Kodi seems to not see the keyboard as a keyboard. Kodi seems to think I have some form of game controller connected and I cannot use the keyboard to type. Arrow keys and backspace seem to work for example but if I try to search, nothing comes up and then I hit a certain key and it is a shortcut for some other function.
Within Kodi itself, I have no idea where to start looking how to fix this. Ive gone through the menu options and do not see anything obvious. Does anyone have any idea where to start on solving this one?
I have tried to find similar issues but nothing obvious yet.

Thanks!
Try this in a virtual terminal, just copy/paste, enter and reboot:

Code:
sudo tee -a /etc/udev/rules.d/998-fix-input.rules <<_EOF_
# input
KERNEL=="mouse*|mice|event*",   MODE="0660", GROUP="input"
KERNEL=="ts[0-9]*|uinput",      MODE="0660", GROUP="input"
KERNEL=="js[0-9]*",             MODE="0660", GROUP="input"

# tty
SUBSYSTEM=="tty", KERNEL=="tty[0-9]*", GROUP="tty", MODE="0666"
_EOF_
(2017-10-21, 14:35)rascas Wrote:  

I have the same keyboard Logitech K400 (keyboard & mouse), also connected to the Raspberry pi 3. After I ran an update to the pi, I had the same issue. I followed the instructions "Try this in a virtual terminal, just copy/paste, enter and reboot:" and my keyboard now fills in the text field in the Kodi search box. rascas Thank you very kindly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard not working0