• 12(current)
v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
Hey, no one says that I will not update my 1703 manual [emoji3] there are offline installers for all KBs and I will make my own patch days [emoji56]
(2018-02-24, 19:09)wdilbert Wrote:
(2018-02-24, 16:42)popy Wrote: The answer is downgrade and disable windows update [emoji3]
 Not disable Windows Update but hide 1709 update. 
So a friend at work was like just try Linux and I thought oh good idea then that was a disaster with AMD drivers and I gave up without too much of a fight. So I got the 1703 iso from windowsiso.net, which hopefully is legit, performed a clean install, and it sure wanted to upgrade to 1709 right away. I downloaded the "show or hide updates" troubleshooter package, it saw 1709, and I told it to hide the update, hopefully forever. Now to reinstall Kodi and see how it goes.
I'll think hide 1709 is not permanent.
In a few weeks new spring update is coming....
(2018-02-28, 07:53)popy Wrote: I'll think hide 1709 is not permanent.
In a few weeks new spring update is coming....
 Sigh... Maybe we can hide that one before it goes through, or we'll have the 10 day window to restore windows.old, which will give us a chance to see if spring fixes it first, and if not then maybe we can hide spring. UGH!
(2018-02-25, 00:05)DanSilov Wrote: Despite the fact that I had Windows Update disabled, it somehow forced me to update and lo and behold, I encountered the issue with refresh rate and blank screen. After an hour or so of trying different things it seems that I have sorted it. Maybe this helps someone:

1. Installed the very latest Intel driver (I have i3-6300T)
2. Display mode: Fullscreen #1
3. Use fullscreen window: No (this was the key for me, after disabling this, it started working reliably)
4. Blank other displays: No
5. Adjust display refresh rate: Start/Stop or Always (both work)

Works for me. Disabling full screen mode did the trick for me. Now, switching between 50 fps and 60 fps and/or 59.94 fps material works like it should: My physical display changes its refresh rate so that the playback looks smooth, and the picture returns within a few seconds, i.e. I am not required to tab out of Kodi, which has been a painful workaround since the Windows Fall update.

To compensate for the fact that my display now takes a few seconds to adjust its refresh rate, I have enabled an intentional start playback delay (system settings --> delay after change of refresh rate).

For the record: Intel graphics solution here, too.

By the way, I never had this blank screen problem when running multiple displys in the first place. It was only when running a single display (external projector via HDMI) that I encountered the blank screen not returning problem. Again, disabling full screen mode fixed this.

Thanks a lot!
Disabling full screen window works perfectly but of course the down side to that is your media is now displayed in a framed window! Not ideal...
I hope Microsoft fixes this soon!!
Is their any update on this, i have exactly the same as OP. But you can also alt+tab or winkey to get the screen back.
I moved over from ubuntu to win 10 1709. So i cant confirm this issue wasnt their on previous windows version.
(2018-02-24, 16:20)jepski Wrote: Same problem here. I have tried anything driver related, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
Every time Kodi changes refresh rate, it goes into black screen and I have to tab out. A temporarily solution is to have Teamviewer running...
I'm getting pretty desperate and hope some one can soon come up with and answer.
 i have tv running on the latest version, but this doesnt fix it, lel
Here is an update from my side.
After popping an "MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GH LP OC, 2GB GDDR5, HDMI, DisplayPort" in my system to make it 4K capable, the issue is GONE!
No black screen on refresh rate changes on Windows 10 1709 (Fall creators update).
It seems that this issue is just affecting older Intel HD Graphics (Intel HD 2500 in my case).
After updating to the newer NVIDIA GPU, the issue is gone and i can nicely play 4k content on my rather old (i3-3220)

I'll know its not an ideal solution (because it costs money) but thats my solution for now.

pOpY
Some info that might help somebody:

Win10 1709 / nvidia 1050

RGB: no problems
YCbCr: blank screen on startup in window mode ("use fullscreen window" OFF works!)

I prefer to use window mode (the default) because it allows cleaner switching between Kodi and other apps. However, it doesn't work with YCbCr.
Just like to say thanks to kimkl and DanSilov. 
After update I had noticed that the C: drive was shared so fixed that.
The final solution was the unselecting of "Use Fullscreen Window".

System N4200  processor with Intel 505 graphics with latest driver update.
Kodi 17.6
(2018-03-07, 19:43)IIIdefconIII Wrote:
(2018-02-24, 16:20)jepski Wrote: Same problem here. I have tried anything driver related, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
Every time Kodi changes refresh rate, it goes into black screen and I have to tab out. A temporarily solution is to have Teamviewer running...
I'm getting pretty desperate and hope some one can soon come up with and answer.
 i have tv running on the latest version, but this doesnt fix it, lel 
I think you have to remote desktop from another PC in the mean time
My HD Graphics 4000 also works again after disabling "Use Fullscreen Window"
Sony VPL-VW550ES, Oppo 103/203, Meridian 861v4, Genelec 1037/1038, http://cellarcinema.info
try tomorrow's nightly
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2