v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
Indeed MS updates have been known to create issues. Looking over this thread, and it looks like the pile on 'me too' effect, but from my perspective, the onl.y common denominator seems to be the graphics engine issues. (statement of bewilderment of graphics card design is withheld) although some of the set-ups may contribute to the issues. In that, I would have liked each poster to have their own thread in which others could offer their contributions and experiences; and it that would be the 'Solved' moniker, that could help others with like problems. While not all issues will have successful outcomes, some will; but this thread can never be marked solved, and becomes a huge vent that doesn't lead to any solid conclusions.

I do thank those who contributed proper debug logs, it's the first step to enlightenment, the solve may come with your own post.

My quick notes:

-Green colours in the display seem to be related to hardware decoding, set for software decoding.
-Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 60Hz, most of Kodi is still at 1920 x 1080 x 60, try that res.
-Recheck your driver, looks like some are not installed 100%
-I note some of this intel integrated gfx are at issue, wondering if the shared memory can be increased?
-If a standalone player works well (VLC, MPC-HC, Zoom etc) player core factory can be brought into play.
-Add-ons and their interaction with hardware can cause unforeseen issues, try a portable install with zero extras.
-Sometimes software ills will weed out with an update, try 17.5 nightly or jumpt to Leia and devs will look carefully at your log.
-I've got a ten-year-old system and Kodi runs fine, I don't mean to piss anyone off but I'm having my coffee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - by PatK - 2017-10-22, 18:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2