v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
(2017-11-12, 19:30)les_hd Wrote: There was no issue until Microsoft released the Fall Creator's Update.

Many people - including me - would think that Microsoft bears some responsibility, at the least for not properly testing the new release and working with Intel to correct the problem before the new release affected lots of users.

Further, I've seen reports of problems from users of external video cards (made by AMD) not using Intel graphics - that also indicates the problem goes beyond Intel.

Microsoft is on this hook, too.

Microsoft is a platform, an operating system.  They change things from time to time.  Some are more severe changes than others.  Those that want to continue using their things with MS have to adjust their things, abandon their things, and/or submit new things.  Competitive thing manufacturers are not going to help the competition.  MS doesn't have a responsibility to ensure things continue to work as they did in the past.  MS is going to advance with or without them.  They may address problems requiring small adjustments to help things work better but the bulk of the adjustment is on the thing manufacturer.  I can guarantee you, the need for you to turn off match refresh rate setting which creates other problems is not high priority on any front.  While AMD and Intel GPU's present this problem, others like NVidia do not according to user feedback including mine. Things like this are what influence my decisions for using what I do.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - by brazen1 - 2017-11-12, 22:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2