v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
FIRST LET ME SAY THIS IS NOT A FIX!!! IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PC BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE OR BREAK YOUR ARMS AND LEGS ITS YOUR PROBLEM.
Okay i have had same issues as some are posting here, i was ready to "fix" my PC using something heavy.
But then i remembered something MS is infamous for make your permissions F.U.B.A.R so i checked my permission to my own user folder Big Grin and guess what they had changed to READ and EXECUTE nothing else.
That means no saving settings no changing anything so i wen't back up the folder tree to C:\Users and my checked the security tab, well i also happen to click the sharing tab and i almost chocked om my coffee,
The C:\Users folder was shared and how that came to pass i have no idea but what that means is, i had 2 entries in the security tab 1 said full control to my own folder as it should , BUT because top folder was shared i also had permission that would only allow me to "read and execute" and it does not matter if your God himself or what ever those permissions will over-rule anything else even FC.
I checked further and looked at C:\Users\kimkl\AppData and i was speechless my username was not listed at all and SYSTEM was the owner of the folder that should have been me listed as the owner.
I checked this just to be sure on my "twin pc"
Okay the "FIX" for ME!!!! was simply to enable the Administrator AC and use that i tried fixing the permission for kimkl so i do not have to use the Administrator ac but no matter what i do my PC will not let me do anything like right click or enter start menu and my HD's play hide and seek on every reboot, but after i enabled the Administrator ac and use that my PC runs smooth no troubles no screen/monitor going black changing res or fps on me.
The only downside every program i own has to be activated again, this was the solution for me.
If you follow my way and "mess up" well 1 word TOUGH!!!!
Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - by kimkl - 2017-12-26, 06:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2